[D4] Is it the return of Inarius?

Looks like Tyrael to me.

Has Lilith undergone open heart surgery? Sure got the scars.

I thought Tyrael had blue wings. Also Tyrael had two circular clasps on his armor this angel has one.

1 Like

Well you are into the lore, I just looked and you are correct, he has blue wings (mostly).

I was actually making a silly joke however because you can never see their faces.
You do know the lore a lot better than I for sure!

I could be 100% incorrect but it looks like him to me.

1 Like

It’s possible for an angels wings to change color due to various circumstances, for example, Malthael used to have bright purple wings, but they became white and ghostly. Also, while Tyrael’s had the two circular clasps on his armor, that was only when he was an angel. When he became mortal, and regained some of his angelic powers his armor only had one circular clasp. So if the angel is indeed Tyrael (or at least connected to him), then it’s either Tyrael’s replacement after Tyrael’s death (assuming he’s dead), or Tyrael managed to restore his angelic form however also underwent a major change to his character and psyche, hence the changes to his wings and armor.

That said, I doubt it’s Tyrael in all honesty. In the picture there’s that sun symbol again that was on the Pale Knight’s shield as well as in the recent #LilithisComing twitter post. Assuming that that symbol is indeed a symbol affiliated with the Cathedral of Light, then it’s highly likely to be Indeed Inarius.

Gosh if it is Inarius, I really wonder if he’s sane. Hopefully he’s still insane, yet managed to disguise it with guile and shrewdness.

Well his cape is all taters, so it well may be some one who has been incarcerated for a time.

1 Like

Quite true, that said, I think that’s likely a reflection of Inarius’s mental state as opposed due to his imprisonment. After all, with the torture that Inarius had to suffer from, I’d imagine that he’d look a lot worse than simply a tattered cape, for example large noticable gashes and cracks in his armor.

That said, the lack of visible demonic corruption on him is interesting, since it shows that Mephisto possibly kept the torture light of demonic influence.