D4 - How many people will it take to kill the world bosses?

well, what’s different about it? Not much from what was explained.

Yeah, the info is there. Just go to the D4 site. I’m not doing your homework for you. There have been a half dozen blogs, two Blizzcons, and plenty of interviews. If you choose not to see what’s new and different, that’s on you.

have you seen any dev talk regarding how many players can be at a boss event at once? Can you queue up an event with a minimum amount of players? Is the world boss loot good? It’s got to be the best if it takes more than 1 group to do, so how many 4 man groups will it take?

I will say this from listening to 2019 demo streams and other interviews around that time maybe 20-25 players max for towns and world bosses. No queuing. They will most likely use WoWs sharding/layering tech to bring those players together.

Other local events may see 5-10. Just playing post campaign, maybe 1-2 every now and then. They want the world to feel populated, but not interfering too much. Big threats will need multiple heroes.

Being able to get the best gear solo is their goal, so it will most likely be normal zone loot with the possibility of dropping more than a dungeon boss.
Won’t need “groups”. Similar to WB in WoW, you don’t need to be in a group, just be there.

2 Likes

I think you are spot on.

I’d expect like WoW, to have a message appear like “The wind wails in agony as Bravata the Troll enters chat”… Then all of the keyboard heros would head to an icon on the map to slay the beast. Everyone will get some loot, but only a couple legendary items will be rewarded. Probably based on how much damage you do to the mob, or possibly pure RNG.

Most likely all RNG.

LOL man ur too smart for this worl, plz leave something to us… i only can have 1 acc ahahahah

No, a certain number have never been stated. And it depends on the area, around the WB how many players will fit in. But I doubt that you can multi box 20 characters on your own.

you dont understand :x
he will control ALL the groups
like every single account that is playing at the time will be his account

3 Likes

So…

• OP previously claimed that he’d never buy another Blizzard product for the rest of his life.
  • OP claims that he’s thinking about purchasing multiple copies of D4.

It’s almost as if he can’t even keep his own stories straight and we can’t believe what he says.

2 Likes

no, he will mass pirate them

And some people may say that we are bullying him.

While a good point, you probably could do stuff like in WoW with inviting in and out of a group to get everyone in. Hard to imagine someone removed from a group would be thrown out of a world boss fight they are already participating in.

Yeah, world boss loot definitely should not be better than other content, that would be a disaster. Generally it should be rewarding to fight a world boss that happens to be nearby while running around the game world, but not rewarding to hunt around the world specifically for world bosses while skipping all other content.

Since world bosses will likely be quite easy, tuned so random people can kill it with zero teamwork, the item drops should probably be fairly low compared to solo/group based activities.

Not act bosses, basically just large elite monsters. A “rare spawn”. Like the chest events in D3 in a sense.

Playing varied content, some key dungeons, some overworld exploration (including world bosses and all that), etc.
Not just “pushing” one thing.

No arguments from me. Another reason I don’t see World Bosses having “powerful” exclusive loot is that World Bosses are random events that can spawn at any time and any place. So if they have powerful exclusive loot; there’d likely be a lot players who miss out on them due to the World Boss spawning while they either weren’t on or running a different content altogether. All that would do is frustrate players, since they’d have to wait and hope for a World Boss event to happen while they’re on and nearby.

In WoW, if you are invited to a group and go to their server and drop group, you get moved back to your original server. Big difference though is you can always see everyone at all times. In D4 you won’t. So let’s say you could technically invite then drop and keep those characters phased in, I doubt one could do it faster than the server.

My guess is it won’t work like that. WoW also allows for 40 player groups. D4 will not, so it will be harder to fill by doing this. I just don’t see this being possible. Your group of 4 will always bee together. Pure chance if you can get 5 multiboxed groups together.

That guy is probably the biggest whale you can find here. Won’t be surprised that his next claim that he spent $100000 on Diablo Immortal in the future.

“I spent $10k on DI mtx and still can’t compete with bots. Blizz should just sell bots on the shop”

1 Like

Left out that he’s quitting and/or never supporting Blizzard again. Then it would be /chef’s kiss

it’s pretty easy to get all of your accounts on the same layer, i also used to get my entire group into BG’s similar to premades, of course which i almost always won because i was a 5v5 gladiator while playing all 5 of my team. If it’s the same systems, i’ll get my raid onto the same world boss server.

problem is, is it even worth doing? I mean, the posts here talking about it and saying it’s not going to have good loot is pretty discouraging. I mean, if it sucks why would anyone bother at all, it will just be dead space at that point, not even as worth doing as finding a goblin in D3, which funnily enough is better then doing d3 bosses.

i’m just sayin, from the way you guys are describing it, it’s just going to be D3 with new graphics and vr chat towns, which REALLY falls short of what actual creative dev’s could do in 2022 and all the current potential out there. I’m just sayin, as of now, D4 is really looking bad and in a negative light in my eyes. Like on a scale of 1-10, i thought it was a 9, from what that dev said in that interview Avalon posted, but after talking to you guys it’s looking like a 2/10. Really? pointless world bosses with goblin loot? meh.

Id imagine d4 world boss fights being like “Broken Isles” boss fights when it was first released, you just happen to be in an area when a boss fight was going on, Hit it once and boom you have access to loot. Not sure how you can stop everyone in the area from hitting the world boss you are soloing (no matter how skilled you claim to be) :slight_smile:

on a side note, i sure loved the old demon hunter tank build that could solo world bosses without boxing, those were the good fun old days!

*edited to change “it it once” to “hit it once” lol