D4 Forum - when?

Again, I’m talking about just 1 more subforum on D3 forum. No resources needed at all. I’d say even less, so moderators don’t have to check if this is the right topic in the right subforum or not. The number of topics and stuff posted won’t increase as well. I’d say, it will decrease as people won’t copy each other topics on D4.

2 Likes

In a billion $ company like ActiBlizzard every single thing that’s done needs to justify its cost. Yes, it could take any one of us like 20 minutes to put up a fully functioning forum using the existing architecture and 5 minutes in photoshop, and probably even assign an MVP to mod it for free. But that’s just not how things are done anymore. :grimacing:

1 Like

I do agree with that. If the number of engagements and traffic there is low enough, just ditch them, or combine them into a single forum that does multiple things.

Your opinion, my opinion, etc. - don’t really count. Of course a new forum is appropriate. However, that won’t happen until the main game page for Diablo 4 is ready - typically around the Alpha or Beta stage of the game. This is simply how Blizzard handles game releases and the associated web assets.

Ok, that would not increase work load much, but they really don’t want a specific D4 forum yet, especially hidden under the D3 Game portal.

When they are ready to really take dedicated feedback, they will stand up the D4 portal along with the forum. We are not even at Alpha right now - we are years away.

Costs? Haha ) couple of clicks - and no photoshop is needed btw. I know, because I’m adminning two forums.

You are forgetting Localization and pushing that to the rest of the Regions and Supported Languages. You are not wrong that standing up a SINGLE forum under D3 would be easy. It would. Creating the Diablo 4 Game portal and associated Forum, would not be as easy as you state.

Also, Blizzard has NEVER had volunteer moderators. Ever. MVPs never have been able to moderate and never will be able to. California laws do not allow companies to make people do for free, what their staff get paid to do. That mostly protects unpaid interns, but it also protects volunteers from being abused instead of being properly paid for valuable work.

1 Like

That’s weird as D4 forum is essentially already here right now under D3, and they officially are asking for the feedback.

Well yes there are other technical issues that need to be addressed. But it’s not like a massive ordereal. It’s just that things have other priorities and they have to justify why they pulled Jimmy off of the whatever project to do this instead.

I was unaware of the CA laws on volunteers. I know other game companies have used free moderators from the community before, maybe giving them some in game reward that cost the company nothing as compensation.

How in the world are any of the D4 devs getting to the constructive feedback, when the D3 forum has been turned into a quagmire. If I was a D4 dev I would want to go to one place, and not have to look at all of the non essential comments (D3 is trash, D3 failed, D4 looks bad, D4 is a D3 clone, D2 is the greatest thing ever), you have seen it, it started after Blizzcon.

1 Like

I hate to tell you this, the same stuff would be posted on the D4 forum too - except that unless it is under the D3 forum umbrella, it would be a free for all. This forum at least requires a D3 license to post.

They are not ready for a free for all D4 forum at this point. Really.

They can parse this one easier than a no holds barred version with the same loud opinions about how they should make D4.

I would wager, that the threads they are really looking for feedback in are the sticky ones directly related to the Quarterly updates.

You know, feedback on the ACTUAL stuff they have released. Not speculation and opinions about game dev/ARPGs in general.

1 Like

Anything you don’t like doesn’t mean it’s not constructive feedback. Why do you keep trying to bring this silly “us them vs them” war into every topic?

Exactly.

I know it will, just thinking out loud. For you :point_right::wine_glass:

1 Like

I was not talking to you, I was talking to MissC.

I saw that, and again never missed an opportunity to bash others.

I don’t day drink! Heh. I am trying to finish off a ton of house cleaning because my elderly mom is traveling and wants to stay here vs a hotel because I have been isolated and am COVID free. Have not been out since early March.

Don’t make me ask you two to go to your rooms and cool off. taps foot while looking at you two sternly

I prefer NOT to trash others around here, or bicker about who does/does not do it. That tends to get threads derailed and shut down.

1 Like

Love it. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

We already have two Diablo IV Forums under the D3 Portal that we’ve been asked to use to submit feedback.

And

The problem is: People continue to create separate D4 threads instead of using the ones we were asked to use. So… creating another “dedicated” D4 Forum under the D3 Portal is going to help control this how? —  

Because debating about even 2 topics in 1 thread is a mess already. If people were to do this in these threads, any constructive feedback would be lost forever in there )

So… creating another “dedicated” D4 Forum under the D3 Portal is going to help control this how?

Run your own forum with only 1 topic named “Post here”, and eventually you’ll understand how.

You need a real game before a forum. All you got now is what I want threads. There are people complaining about everything, but not one example of real world playing is possible. Comparing to other games its better, its worse. How can that be, its not out yet! :yum:

Maybe there should be one branch of this D3 forum towards D4.

Subforum. This is called “Subforum”.

That would be true if the D3 forum is the forum, but suppose it is not based on the array of Blizzard games.
Suppose the D3 example is only a subforum and general discussion is just a topic with threads. :slightly_smiling_face: