[D4] Current inventory concept breaks immersion

Because that reduces the depth. In different situations a different travel resource would be optimal.

No. I gave you example with the items (runes) above. This adds depth.

We don’t know that, “great” is relative if the aRPG is designed good. Having to manage travel resources changes a lot of stuff. The game you know with “I’ll stash both since that’s how it’s done” is no more.

but it’s not immersive unless the Barbarian is teleporting items great distances with his mind!

because that’s what Barbarians are known for.

2 Likes

Tbh if BoH is introduced in the game I wouldn’t have such problem with its immersion, however the other questions still remain - why not have more conscious thought when picking up stuff? This is also an anti-botting feature too.

Sure it is. Since you have FedEx NPCs and Jedi Barbarians in your game.

Heck, PoE already has a greater cost to bringing back items than clicking my telekinesis button, with its limited portals per map.

Which doesnt really matter. Either the item is great to you or it isn’t. No matter how the game is designed.

No it’s not. Nor will it ever be because those days ended in about 1998 and were annoying as a pen exploding in your shirt pocket.

So a troll making troll posts? Gotcha… by the way, I’m just bosting my post count so ignore me as I reply to troll posts.

3 Likes

Why the hate guys?

I offer mechanics for more immersion, depth and skill, and you only hate and call me a troll.

Funny for somone with a very strong opinion about CPO basically killing off Diablo, you’d think you would have played CP2077. Or did CPO destroy CP2077 all together so that in your future time it wasn’t available to play?

I just don’t want to spoil myself until CPO is out.

Adding more things is not the same as adding depth, nor does the inventory system need a great deal of depth.

There’s no choice or depth because I will always perform the same action: I am taking every item that’s good for me.

The only difference between a more limited inventory and a less limited one is how many trips to town I am making.

because it’s not needed, and most of the ideas posted here are either functionally useless as they result in the same gameplay as just giving us the normal inventory or they’re annoying specifically because they didn’t give me the normal inventory.

What other explanation do you have for the Jedi Barbarians?

1 Like

Actually, since I’m one myself, I have a fondness for trolls. No hate all. From one troll to another… sending you loving troll vibes.

There are many differences.

We basically have mechanics for:

• ground to BoH (instant if space)
  • ground to mount (1s delay if space)
  • ground to stash (telekinesis, instant if charges)
  • mass ground to stash (villagers, 10min)

All of these add depth since the optimal choice differs depending on situation.

We already learned it’s possible in Diablo world. Why you hate it so much? Some people here want wisdom builds on Barbs. They should be enjoying it… But they seem to prefer to hate.

I am not a troll. It’s a serious topic regarding pace of D4.

Some people want endless BoH. Some 50 items. Some 30. Some 20. Some 14. I want 4. Why am I the troll?

You aren’t, we both are.

P.S. Jim Carrey is the ultimate troll.

Adding more things is not the same as adding depth.

It’s also possible summon skeletons but I’m going to have some questions if the Barbarians can do that as well without any equipment.

if you’re going to use the pretense of it being for the sake of immersion, you could at a bare minimum at least not use a mechanic that’s anti-immersion.

Sorry friend, but I think you’re alone with these thoughts of yours. Any ARPG will have this kind of mechanic. And there’s nothing wrong with it.

Yeah, he rocked during 90s, many great comedies.

In this case it clearly adds depth since the optimal decision isn’t that clear anymore (dump all in inventory).

What’s anti-immersion about it? Same stuff as teleport or TP.

I feel like there’s a point where one wouldn’t be trolling anymore and they’re drinking their own Kool-Aid, so to speak.

Not that this would be terribly high class trolling.

This was never optimal in any of the previous Diablo games either. You haven’t changed anything, you just added more stuff.

Teleport and TP aren’t things characters do innately with zero training. Not even the Sorceress who is the one who has Teleport as a baseline spell.

Not true. OP mechanics add depth and choice. If nothing has changed the thread wouldn’t be full of people fearing the raised skill cap.

I think you’re one confused troll at this point. Not caring about useless ingame mechanics is not the same as fearing anything.

It’s mostly full of people telling you it’s a bad idea because at first we thought we’d have virtually no inventory space followed by it really just being adding a bunch of things but not changing how we determine what to pick up.

I also don’t fear any ideas. If Blizzard starting using them I’d just leave because Diablo 4 would be a game I have zero interest in playing at that point.

and I’d just wait for Path of Exile 2.