[D4] Blog today or tomorrow?

Let’s say Hefeweizen would work or a nice Schwarzbier :wink:

2 Likes

Anyone who said today (myself included) it looks like we do not get a free :beer:

• Some of you who said tomorrow are still in the running.
1 Like

My theory is Pezradar saw us guessing and delayed it till 11:59pm Wednesday night. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I wish you were right, but at least I am still in the running!

1 Like

Have you considered the possibility that someone might have DM’d him and agreed to share the beer if he posts at the time they guessed in the thread? :wink:

Son of a…I have now. There is a traitor in our midst!

It seems the blog post won’t be that uninteresting:

Character/maps/monster design/art and audio confirmed

Lame. I mean, I’ll read it for any interesting nuggets, but a pretty big whiff for a good 85% of the community.

3 Likes

We don’t know that. It might turn out 85% of the community actually likes it more than previous updates. We’ll see the incoming number of likes.

Randomization of the maps will matter. Even if it’s an MMO-lite, an ARPG will need randomization for this or that reason because it’s a limited playground. I wanna hear about this.

If they mention nothing about defense stats of monsters then we can expect two things; one, monsters will be health scaling punch bags like in D3, and two, all the characters will have direct damage increase from stats. Former means endgame of keyed dungeons could be very similar to Greater Rifts of Diablo 3 down the road, it only takes one expansion pack. As a result of the latter point, every character in the game will have direct damage increase with no class specific limits or restrictions and our feedback about softcapping the power didn’t get through at all.
If this never gets mentioned in the monster design, even though they said how important the character development, they will balance this on items because monster health can scale up to immense numbers later on.

I doubt they’d go in-depth on that, but some new info should be present.

Mmmm… Time is 10:30 am at Irvine, California. They’re “early”.

What?

Ha! All of you were wrong! You was wrong. And YOU was wrong. And I was wrong. And… what? I was wrong? That can’t be right. Crap! I’m buying this round then. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

4 Likes

I think I love you right now. :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

So, I was only 30 minutes out then?
Does this mean I won the beer?

1 Like

Dammit. :beer: :beer:

Only if you count this boring fluff piece as the quarter blog. Then, yes :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If it wins me beer, I’ll count anything…

1 Like

The next time you are at the pub have one on me and send me the bill.