[D4] Blog today or tomorrow?

A free glass of :beer: for the person who picks the correct day and time.

I will say 3:00 PM today PDT.

Tomorrow at 4:59pm :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m absolutely sure it’s Tomorrow @ 9:00 AM EST. Unless I’m wrong.

2 Likes

Whenever it is, I’ll be looking forward to it.

1 Like

Suckers :stuck_out_tongue: Blogs are usually posted on Tuesdays. I’ll take ~3:00 pm Eastern today, Tuesday, the 29th.

We all hope you are right!

But if I am right, I want a nice Hefeweizen! :grin:

10 AM today west coast time…So 2 hours from now…

When they have decided :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t drink foaming urine. But a free pitcher sounds great. I’ll say it goes up when they press the “publish” button. And then, 5-10 hours after due to baud rate upload speeds.

Can you imagine you’re the dev responsible for writing the blog and you’ve just been putting it off to last minute like it’s a college assignment.

You open up the forums and everyone is hyping it up and you’re like “oh yeah, the due dates tomorrow”.

Have to pound back a bunch of energy drinks and do an all-nighter not to disappoint the community.

Haha, the difference is that college assignments have an end to them, when they are finished. Most games today are never truly finished in the sense that the developers are totally happy and would not make any changes. You do the best you can for as long as you can and implement as much as you can, then you polish it up and ship it out.

I bring that up because the longer they wait to share info in a blog, the more info and more accurate (up to date) it will be (theoretically). Combine that with the fact that if they released it a lot earlier, the wait to the next one would be even long and it would be all out of whack and cause an uproar.

But I get you were joking and understand your point :rofl:

1 Like

They did say “end of the month” it appears they are going to procrastinate as long as possible on this one.

• They already know what they are going to talk about “Characters and character art.”
1 Like

I really hope they meant: Classes and Class art, rather than characters. Character art will be the most boring blog imaginable, at least for most players.

2 Likes

As I mentioned before, it could be about NPCs, and if so, hopefully what they do as well (merchants, blacksmith, jeweler, etc.) or even monsters and further details on monster families, types, affixes.

We can hope! It may indeed just be about any characters in the game and their art and nothing more.

Haha ya I was betting the 29th as well….Time is ticking away though.

I was expecting yesterday or today, so I think I lost the bet as well.

There s also a 3rd variant: never.
“We are working on D4 hard and got no time for useless watery reports”.

Well today isn’t over yet, so you haven’t necessarily lost just yet. However if it is tomorrow, then that’ll make this the latest that we’ve gotten a quarterly update thus far. Interesting if I do say so myself.

I guess they will take the entire month.Something may have arisen at the last minute.

Dev 1: Were we supposed to do a blog this quarter?
Dev 2: Idk, were we? I think Rod may have mentioned about this…

:stuck_out_tongue: