[D4] Add FFA loot, please

D4 already has an anti streamer option aKa open world PvP for cosmetics and we all know many of them will play HC and if you have 1 or even worse more groups full of snipers they will die like flies same goes with ffa. I don’t understand the hype for this loot table either other than beeing a cheater yourself.

1 Like

should be banned, for sure

2 Likes

Sadly won’t happen esp. with their molesting and other problems. I don’t see any light at the end of the tunnel tbh regarding to cheaters.

1 Like

If they add PvP-only mode FFA loot is a must, but in the regular PvE mode personal loot is the better option.

1 Like

It allows people with auto-clickers to nab loot from mobs you killed?

6 Likes

edit: To not abuse the quoted author.

For D2R it would be a great option the have ploot and FFA both side by side.
Ploot is not the curse.
The way ploot was made in D3 and the missing trading are part of the D3 desater, but not the only guilty for it. PoE shows, that there are options to modify the ploot and trading system.
For D4 we can expect a ploot system and that is absolutly fine. (Hopefully with a good trading system.)

So here you can learn, why ploot is not the curse.
Have fun!
(click open to read).

2 Likes

He is reasoning to add personal loot to D2R. There are zero reasons for not add FFA loot to D4. Completely irrelevant.
Have fun!

So you’re either a cheater who wants to grab all loot by himself in that case please hack the battlenet site and make a neon sign next your name blinking “I am a cheater I like to ruin fun for others”, if not you are pretty masochistic and you love to get items taking away from you which not even reach the ground to grab them from. Either way you need help :slight_smile:

5 Likes

No it doesn’t

/thread

9 Likes

Don’t be judgemental. We all know that online players, especially the Diablo community, are always about fair play and respect. They certainly will not break their hard-earned friendship and camaraderie over a month with their online friends and acquaintance over a super-duper rare all-powerful uber item when it was dropped in front of everyone. /s :thinking:

3 Likes

Have FFA and ploot as a toggle. Like in PoE.

It could just be something you activate when entering dungeons, instances etc in a group.
Can’t really work in the overworld of course.

Hopefully not :smiley:

We need that next blog post!

FFA loot makes it possible for this to happen. Personal loot makes it impossible. So, why would you go with the loot mode that makes it possible for bad behaviour to happen?

1 Like

If it is just an option it won’t hurt anyone. When playing in a group of friends FFA might make it easier to share the loot.

should have added “/s” at the end of my previous post.

PoE honestly handles this optimally.

• Free for all
  • Timed/short Allocation
  • Permanent allocation

Permanent allocation should likely be the default.

That’s definitely an option. Yeah, as long as a person’s party shows such info before and after joining, then yeah, having it as an optional feature for dungeon running would be fine in that case.

But if it doesn’t have trading; doesn’t that mean Diablo 4 will auto-fail? (I’m joking ofc).

So much this!

On the other hand could said:
That some of the ploot fans just want to stay in a dungeon, maybe going afk and smoke a cigarette for some min., come back and farm the dropped loot.
We know it from d3 rift runs.

In my opinion fff (shared) loot is the better way. Or a mix of it.

U can have personal loot while farming solo dungeons. But when anybody wants to benefit from multiplayer u/me/we should pay for it a lil bit by sharing the rewards.

Of course cheater with pickit should be banned! I see many advantages in fff.

And d2 shows us that it works good since 20years.

Ploot should be range based.
If you are more than “a few screens” (adjustable based on D4s gameplay speed) away from a monster when it dies => No allocated loot for you.
And of course with timed allocation, even if you are in range, but are afk, the loot would turn FFA before you could grab it.

All the loot systems should be shared loot, in the sense of the amount that drops. Otherwise they would not be balanced.
FFA, Timed Allocation and Permanent allocation should all drop the same amount of loot.

That is quite debatable.

3 Likes

Got to play PoE and quit this forum

2 Likes

Let’s see if this makes sense. In a regular rift run, let’s say you wait in town and then enter after things are cleared. You get no loot form monster drops except the rift guardian. Ina regular rift run, lets say you enter and then AFK. You would not get any monster drops from subsequent floors.

In comparison, FFA loot game you get all uncollected monster drops even if you waited in town for an entire level to be cleared.