D3 won't launch

Ah, that makes sense. I figured it would be a useful troubleshooting step, but that explains it.

Starting to see reports of this on EU Technical Support now too…

That post has full MSInfo, DxDiag and process info in it.

DXDiag (pastebin): nRPCxudS

Primary region is Europe, but issue persists regardless of region (US/Asia).

I have attempted the D3prefs.txt workaround (not that I have any Razer devices, but you never know - no dice).

Mm, there are a few posts on the D3 subreddit as well.

Again - this happened after an update earlier today. I only caught a glimpse of the update process, but it seems to be around 7-8 MB. After browsing the game folders I could at least see that there was yet another update to fmodex.dll, but there would have to be more changes as the dll is only ~1 MB.

Well my game won’t launch either, and I’m a bit pissy about it as i was looking forward to playing it after stressful day

Hey all,

If you’re experiencing the game not launching issue can you post your DXDIAG files like Caterpepi mentioned?

We’re trying to look for any commonalities here since the game is launching for most other players but not for some.

1 Like

dxdiag pastebin link tGUaBHBn

also i can’t find any file named D3prefs.txt (it’s a clean install and i havn’t been able to open the game since)

dxdiag pastebin link: kQqDQJhj
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game after deleting every cache or temp files… Somehow I was able to launch the game ONCE when the download of the files was at around 95% … but as soon as it reached 100% I couldn’t launch it again… just seeing the D3 RoS logo and it freezes and crashes when I click it.

when the game start i see diablo logo then crash, my dxdiag pastebin: Xk2Z5TJZ

Update: I have been able to launch the game and get to the character screen after deactivating all the sound in the d3pref - I found some error and tried it. Now the game crashes as soon as I try to join the world (doesn’t matter if online or singleplayer) - sometimes it freezes when I click around the options-menu.

Here’s another dxdiag pastebin after I’m able to launch it again: r98k1ybk
I don’t know if you guys can spot anything helpful in there but I hope I can help in any way…

I have the same problem: DXDiag https://yadi.sk/d/B8XlqdMmtFN0hg

Hi. I have the same troubles with the launch Diablo III. It freeze and don’t launch. I have checked and did all of recommendations but it don’t helpful.

My dxdiag: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xuTnHFuOA6JLJLzkU1euJBcRii4EFvlV/view?usp=sharing

D3Ddebugs x32, x64:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I1-6qzbtsyF37HtZaZcp9d35wq7-TNw-/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iW1VkpjcNaJaLtRp3TIknPrdqPNUr_Sj/view?usp=sharing

Can anyone here confirm that also starcraft II is loading up super slow?

They had this issue just a few weeks ago already. Maybe its the same error and somebody of their team knows a fix? @Devs

Hey guyz for everyone having issues with the game freezing or infinite loading , i got the same after yesterday’s game update , i tried to check game cache several times and it always downloaded a 8mb patch doesn’t matter how many times i checked so today i checked with a copy on my other pc that didn’t update since last week , what i found that the size differs by ~200 MB that were missing Data/data forlder after update you can check at the link pastebin. com/s7zmNMXG i replaced the files on my pc with the ones that were intact and TA DA the game works perfectly so you could potenially try to delete data folder and then check the cache because for some reason the launcher just checked the presence of files and didn’t compare them to the master files on update server (or even worse the update server itself had those files corrupted) so all because of the trash launcher that is pushed down our throats that can’t even update without breaking the game or at least if it’s broken it can’t fix nothing … now i start the game directly from game’s executable with -launch parameter

The Data in my install file seem to miss indeed some stuff.

Theres for example data.016 file that is 661.188kb on my GFs computer where d3 still works that isnt in my data. also those longnumbered files that have 384kb each seems way less for me than for her. This is with a fresh install for me btw. Not that i deleted anything myself or ever were able to open the game… Ill reinstall this thing again and copy the files of an old existing game if needed… Thats a pain

Same issue, here is my dxdiag: i0ctw95M

I started to play diablo and when i reach the bridge of Korsikk the game is crashed everytime. I started a game repair, then it finished the game wouldn’t launch anymore. I see the diablo 3 logo in my screen and thats all.

Hi:

Blizzard is trying to gather data on those cases… see the post here:

and provide your DxDiag in that post as requested.

1 Like

My pastebin: Xk2Z5TJZ

Thanks all for the DXDIAG links.

So far it looks like the majority of you are using the latest Nvidia drivers (456.38 or 456.55) and we have seen a couple of different issues across different games with these drivers.

For those of you that are willing to try, lets wipe the drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller and go back to a previous driver (452.06) to see if that gets Diablo 3 to launch.

1. Download DDU here
    • Click on the first link under “Announcements” titled Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). Then click the “Official Download Here” link to start the download.
  2. Run the .exe file and extract the contents to the default location. Open the new folder and run the Display Driver Uninstaller.
  3. You will get a pop-up saying it is recommended to reboot in Safe Mode, feel free to ignore this if you are not familiar with how to get into Safe Mode. To start the removal process, click on the Nvidia driver type on the right side first, then click “Clean and restart”
  4. Once the PC restarts, go ahead and download the 452.06 drivers here: Geforce Driver Results | NVIDIA
  5. Run the driver installer and use the default/recommended install steps.

Let us know how that goes!

4 Likes