D3 solo campaign - what difficulty level for the endgame

Hello everyone.

A long time ago I used to play D3 casual. I have average over time and I don’t really like hammering receipts and constant farming. In general, the game wears me out.
But I would like to go back. However, I am only interested in the solo campaign. Just that it was difficult, but not so that you would not want to. In D2 offline it took me a long time to finish the game. I would like that on D3.
And here’s my question. What difficulty level should I set and play on it until the end of the game? High, Expert, Master or Torment (if so, what level)?
Please help.

greetings

PS. Sorry for my English

I don’t know what your character is capable of but I would advice playing at the highest difficulty first and slowly reduce the difficulty along the way.

You can reduce the difficulty at anytime until you find a suitable one.

Also note that anything above Torment VI requires you to successfully clear Greater Rifts of its corresponding level to play in (Torment VII is Greater Rift 30 right up to Torment XVI at Greater Rift 75).

Thank you for your response.

Does anyone have other suggestions?

At the very least you should play the game on master. Torment 1 would probably be the best option.

Not sure how long ago you played D3, but be aware that you level up really fast now, and by Act 3 you should reach level 70 when playing on Torment 1.

Another thing to consider is that sometimes it just takes a single item buffing your main skill to trivialize the content when playing at Torment 1.

I would play it at whatever level is comfortable to you. It’s really a personal choice. Most of the players in this forum are seasoned players so they would run it at the highest torment XVI without any issues and probably do it in a few hours. But if you want the entire experience of a new player doing the campaign mode for the first time, I would suggest you jump in the game and you will soon figure out whether the level you’re paying is too hard or too easy. You can always adjust.

One think to keep in mind: I assume this is a fresh start and you don’t have any gear. You might want to consider someone power leveling you up to 70. It might help with the overall experience. Or not.

I think you have that backwards, provided you have reached lvl 70 you can go straight to the highest difficulty level in the game if you want and provided you clear a rift at that level you can jump straight to the corresponding GR level

2 Likes

I beat it on elite my first play through and thought it way to easy, but that’s because the game won’t let you go higher. Master on act 5 was a bit of a challenge, but let me put it this way, my second character I did it on master hardcore and I beat the entire game, with out coming close to dying. The problem with the higher difficulty is it’s not actually more difficult because they give you more exp and loot. The only hard part of the game is the first few levels when you have nothing, and no skills. There is no way you are gonna get it to be like d2 where if u start fresh it takes weeks to beat the game. Well I shouldn’t say that if that’s what your after you will intentionally have to not use the gear you get, if you stick with white and blue gear I could see it taking a long time to beat the game.

What you two are mixing up here is that for you to play a public game of a high torment difficulty, you need to do a certain solo GR AND be a certain paragon level. Volatility was probably thinking about this on his post.

But that is only for public games, for private games you can do watever you want.

1 Like

If they are starting as a fresh level 1 and not using the cube and wanting to just play through the campaign solo, starting on T6 would be a miserable experience. You’ll get one-shot by everything, and if by some miracle you can manage to stay alive, it’ll take ages to kill bosses. Enemies on T6 deal 6.4x more damage and have 10.5x more HP than enemies on T1. And T6 is 25.4x more damage and 85.9x more HP than Normal.

Master or T1 would be a good place to start for a challenging campaign as a fresh level 1 without cube. I’d probably lean towards Master, an inexperienced player will die quite a bit on T1. (experienced players will probably still die sometimes on T1 too).

It’ll depend a bit on what items drop, if you get a strong legendary it will make T1 easier, but assuming no good drops and just random blues, yellows, and non-powered legendaries with no cube powers, T1 should be a decent challenge. I guess assuming you are running straight through campaign anyway and only doing the strictly necessary quests/areas anyway, if you stop to farm areas until you get better gear, that would make it a bit easier.

If they never reached level 70 and cleared campaign before, they may be limited to Expert though. Unlocking Master requires completing the campaign at least once on the account, and unlocking T1+ requires having reached level 60 on a character at least once on the account.

So during season you are trying to claim that when everyone has just completed their best GR at 140 they all have to quit the party and solo the next GR level before joining back up again to do it again, sounds like the ultimate in stupidity to me