D3 PS4 can't play multiplayer games

It should be noted, that I had previously been able to do D3 co-op on my PS4 (I have some of the co-op challenges marked as done), but this was a couple years ago.

I just recently started playing again, after talking about the game with a coworker, and for the life of me I can’t play with any other players at all. Whenever someone tries to join one of my games that is either open to the public, or set to friends only, they see a constant “waiting for host” message. I see their player names show up in the menu, but their characters never manifest.

On the flip side, whenever I attempt to join a multiplayer game, either already in progress or starting fresh from the menu, I get stuck on a loading screen for several minutes before being dumped into a game by myself with the error “The previous host left or was disconnected…”.

I have all the PSN specific ports open to the PS4 in my router settings (I am able to play multiplayer on every game I have except for D3).

For reference, I am using an Arris SB6141 modem and a Linksys WRT 1900ACS v2 router. ISP is Atlantic Broadband (I was using MetroCast before ABB bought them out).

I don’t know what caused this to stop working, but it’s very frustrating. None of my hardware has changed. I even tried temporarily placing the PS4 into the DMZ, and even that didn’t work.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Not 100% sure, but you might need PS Plus to play multiplayer.

I’ve had this issue on both the 360 and PS4 with some of us trying to join each other…

Toy with the Region Setting in the options panel…that has something to do with it…
Make sure everyone is/has…NAT 2…if anyone in their console Network settings has a NAT 3, forget about it…
There’s plenty out there on this subject so do a search…I’ll look around but most is on the old forum going back thru the years in the Console Forum…

Correct, you need PSPLus to play any online MP on PSN.

Did you solve the problem? Cause i have the same now :sweat_smile: