D3 Paragon has the best character progression in Diablo game

Rolls on gear are just numbers, main stats from paragons are just numbers too. It doesn’t make it irrelevant, it adds on to your damage. I love the idea where the more you play the more you get stronger, and there’s nothing wrong with that. If you hate mindless repetitive grinding then the game is just not for you.

3 Likes

Nope. It is not unless you think putting points in STR for damage, Vit for HP, Dex for blocking and Int for Mana is more interesting than the system that offers more than basic stat increment for your character.

It does make it irrelevant. The more paragon you gain, the more your gear rolls become irrelevant.

That is an objectively bad design for an item finding game, which is sort of a cornerstone of the Diablo franchise.

If you’re trying to say D3 is a poor example of a Diablo game with poorly thought out systems then we’re in agreement.

3 Likes

Plenty of people view games with bad design as “positive”, it doesn’t make those games good.

For example, some of the top selling mobile games have horrible design in them and lots of people “see them positively” and buy those games. Do you think grindy KRPG’s or clicker games have good design? Because many of them make way more money than Diablo 3 and are more popular.

General public opinion is not indicative of quality. Plenty of people like bad video games, bad movies, and low-quality content. It doesn’t mean any of that stuff is high quality.

You can hold a middle of the road opinion and say Diablo3 has terrible stat / character progression design (because it does and it’s easy to demonstrate). Diablo 3 has other things going for it such as great combat animations and combat design. But itemization and character progression? Nope; definitely one of its weak points.

7 Likes

If they managed to make a somewhat decent game nokne would be hating it.

The paragon megatron system belongs into Super Nephalem teenage mutant ninja turtles greater rift runners and not in a diablo game.

Diablo 3 is a disgrace, its a failed abomination that they tried to stitch up but it died in the intensive unit after the operation. Just burry it deep down and forget it.

2 Likes

Character building is nonexistent, and the itemisation was like made by some dude with Alzheimer.

3 Likes

reported for trolling OP

1 Like

Gotta wholeheartedly disagree with you.

Paragon is one of the worst aspects of D3 for me. That and the trivial leveling up to 70.

No real character development, choices, which is a HUGE area of any rpg.

That and the phobia to manually allocate stats. I’m fine if they make an option to auto assign them for each class the recommended amount each level, or to custom allocate them, but dont’ give up on stats since they are there since D1, the C button, the character sheet. Iterate on them pls.

4 Likes

I don’t care and what you are playing now. All I know is all your posts are reek of D2 fanboyism as well.

We are not even discussing the same thing here. I guess you just read the title.

Which part that I am wrong here?

I guess true Diablo game is running infinite baal then?

Hate to break it but D3 is still alive until now.

Nope. D3 itemization is good. D3 Character progression itself offers more than simple investing stat point into your character and see he is now hit harder, tougher, can block more and have more mana.

I like the principle behind Paragon.

The idea that you log in and even if you only have a small bit of time you can always make some progress and that the progress is actually shared between characters.

I think there are a lot of improvements that could be made to Paragon to make it more engaging and I really hope for D4 they try to really flesh that out.

4 Likes

I have started a thread

suggesting how giving

• character choices during levelling
  • improving the paragon system
  • itemisation changes to reign in some of the RNG

which will make for a more rewarding experience by having meaningful choices

Because im following your mates guidance by giving D3 a new chance to play D3 again since “the new updates” and D3 being a different game since the last years and reminiscence of D3 story.

It surely has changed. Even Vanilla D3 was more interesting than the hold down left click through all acts in the current RoS.

I didn’t mind d3 paragon, but they shouldn’t have capped the offensive and defensive categories.

They most certainly should be capped. If they weren’t, you’d have all points being dumped into crit chance until you have 100% and the rest in crit damage.

The paragon system was a good concept, but was flawed from the moment they adjusted it into being infinite into mainstat once you hit paragon 800. The concept could easily be carried over and greatly improved in a new game, if proper care is taken and it caps at max level you can’t just power bloat into infinite on a stat to the point it trivializes all else.

1 Like

Lol stop being the fun police. Chc might be capped if it was worth going into diminished returns to hit 100 (which is in fact a cap, just raised) but there would be more value in other secondaries. Once you hit 450-500 chd cooldown or attack speed are better for a lot of builds.

They should have also added elemental and elite damage to the offense category.

Never ceases to amaze me how concerned some people are about others ability to exorcise power, even when they have access to the same power and it’s essentially meaningless as we are talking about a video game. Infinite progression is fine, as long as its interesting.

Source?

D3 combat and game play is fun and fluid, but itemization that shoves everyone into the same set items with the same rolls (after layers and layers of RNG are passed) is not D3’s strong point.

4 Likes

Nonsense. Try to hold down left click at higher GR and you will failed. Perhaps you shouldn’t talk on the subject that you are not familiar with.

I said it is good. Never said it is perfect.

“Good” used in this context is subjective. If someone likes, they think its good. If they don’t, its “bad”. Thats like, your opinion, man.

I’ve never played one, couldn’t tell you. However, if lots of people are playing them and supporting them, who are you to tell them “no, no its actually quite bad and you’re bad and you should feel bad!” From every metric other than your opinion, they are succeeding.

If general public opinion is not indicative of quality, then your opinion about D3 has no bearing on its quality. Your opinion about its stats and progression is irrelevant. Its based on what you like and think is good, and therefore can’t objectively describe the quality of something. You call someone biased because they say its good, when you’re just as biased calling it bad. You and your opinion are not magically held to different rules. You can keep asserting that its terrible and bad, but your opinion is not indicative of quality.

What I am explaining isn’t just an opinion, I am laying out the systematic reasons why the Paragon grind eclipses the loot hunt in D3.

It’s a fact that everyone maxes out all their “extra” stats at p800 in D3, and it’s also a fact that past p800 the primary determinant of power is an endless paragon grind.

Another fact: there is no difference between any p800 character in Diablo 3. They’re all the same. Your Wizard is exactly the same as anyone else’s, and has access to the same abilities (all of them). The only difference between players in this game is how much they grind past p800 into infinity.

That design is not about finding loot, therefor it’s pretty terrible for the Diablo franchise, which markets itself as an awesome “loot hunting” experience. Let’s be real: “explore dungeons to find awesome items” is a lot better sounding than the reality: “grind +5 main stat forever”.

:woman_shrugging:

Diablo 3 has pretty good combat mechanics though. It’s pretty hard to argue otherwise. It’s too bad the paragon system overtook every other method of choice and system of progression.

3 Likes

All of which you summarize as “Bad”, while someone else summarizes it as “Good”. Yet your opinion is more correct because it’s yours and somehow magically speaks to the true quality of the game, where no other opinion, not even general public opinion apparently, can indicate quality or lack thereof.