D3 literally better than D4. IT'S A FACT

after both s3 and s30 have been released and tested by the community, it’s official by the players that d3 is just better. i would post links and clips especially the reddit/Diablo4, but i’m too busy multiboxing my way to rank 1 s30 D3 solo self found mode witchdoctor. i will literally be #1.

so if you’re unaware and avoiding d4 at all cost, it’s new major patch season 3 is a HUUUUUUGE DISASTER. forums are flooded with “bored at level X” and “this is worse than season 1 disaster” and “they tried to copy a POE system nobody liked for season 3 theme”. we’re talking Noah’s Ark levels of flooding.

People said it would get better by now, but it’s literally the most boring terrible major release ever. Godfather 3 like sequel. So it’s no surprise that D3 has more players at the moment. s30 good success.

so if d3 is way better than d4, i think it’s time blizzard gave us a new expansion Act VI and add the druid and that DI Deathknight classes.

Give the playerbase what they want.

Here’s a trustable news source if you want to see the data.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZiCl8mPSAU

1 Like

Great! I’m genuinely wanting to see that. When you do reach that, please post link to your profile, ingame screenshot of you being SSF #1, all the things needed to prove you actually did it.

:+1:

Edit:

The top WD clear in SSF as of writing this is GR150 in 8.46.533 time in the EU region. There’s a proper target for you.

4 Likes

I’m more interested to hear why someone would multibox Solo Self Found.

13 Likes

I just spit out the coffee I was drinking, well done :rofl:

2 Likes

I haven’t been keeping up with D4. Is their third season really that bad? I remember hearing S2 was pretty well received.

Still never gonna play though :-1:

Edit: really can’t wait for the day this “seasonal” :ox::poop: that every single game feels like they need to do will eventually die

Edit 2: OP is right, D3 is way better than D4

4 Likes

To paraphrase mathil who is one of the big POE streamers and dabbles in the D4 seasons:

“D4 season 3 took the worst parts of several different POE features (e.g. labyrinth traps) and mashed them together and I’m bored of it after a day”

Big 9000 man D4 dev team has apparently now resorted to unsuccessful copying of mechanisms from other games.

It’s ok though, the $100 expansion “will fix everything”.

That phenomenon won’t end until the personal debt gravy train (credit cards, payment plans, lines of credit, etc.) ends.

3 Likes

Oh I bet it will.

At this point the only people to blame for the mediocrity and abusive monetization of D4 are the people who keep buying it.

The credit / debt slavery stuff is a whole other discussion that’s a bit too heavy for me right now :cold_sweat: The eventual collapse of it all is going so awful for us regular people

1 Like

Well, they took Lab traps, don’t get hit from Sanctum and a sort of thing from Animate Guardian (at least immortal) from PoE. And yes, s30 is more enjoyable for me (EU server)…

2 Likes

Microsoft just laid off 1600 blizzard employees, and the blizzard lead Mike Ibarra is gone in 60 seconds.

lol what is MicroTransactionSoft going to do to diablo and WoW next? Times are looking dark. Nobody at MicroTransactionSoft knows anything about fun games.

3 Likes

D4 has now officially started down the path of “here’s our we hate melee season feature” in game design. Next up: being deleted from off screen because you sneezed at the wrong time.

The worst part is I think D4 would be relatively easy to fix. Firstly, primary and secondary stats need to come back full swing like in D3. Additional cold damage and stuff like that needs to be a nice win more stat, not a primary stat like Vitality and Intelligence and the like. You can even maybe keep the asinine number of affixes if they’re mostly relegated to the secondary affix category while the more immediately important stats to at least get a build working become primary.

Another thing is rifts. I can understand the sentiment of rifts getting boring due to a lack of variety; I can. But rifts have one thing over the D4 dungeons. It’s quick to jump into. Takes literal seconds to get started. Apparently nightmare dungeons fix this, but I never got that far because I was fed up with the affixes.

Another thing is legendary gear. What can and can’t have specific legendary affixes in D4 is bloated and confusing. Instead of the “this will always be an amulet/one handed scythe/staff/etc”. Additionally, having the codex inscribe the WEAKEST version of a legendary affix, instead of the strongest like Kanai’s Cube, blows chunks.

While not a solution; I’d like to point out that the idea of the power of your build coming more from your skill tree than your gear was a freaking lie. For most skills, all they did was reduce the number of runes from 6 to 2. Necromancer’s Book Of The Dead is literally a direct lift of the Rune ability system with less options. They claimed that our skill tree management would be much more impactful. And hyped up Book Of The Dead and other class specific mechanics as complex avenues of growth. Of the two classes I played, Necromancer and whatever they’re calling Wizards now, only Wizard’s was somewhat unique. And even then, it was a two passive equip limit. Instead of giving the passives a cost, and you able to increase your maximum passive skill limit cost somehow.

What it comes down to is:

1. The process to getting to the combat meat of the gameplay is slower. Much slower.
  2. The buildcrafting meat of the gameplay is inflated with nonsense secondary stats taking the place of primary stats.
  3. Legendary Affixes are needlessly loose yet constrained. Not giving total freedom, but not being as curated as D3.
  4. The promised innovation of making your character’s personal growth more impactful, lessening the dependency on gear, is not remotely true.
  5. The promised cool factor and complexity of class specific growth and knowledge mechanics to customize your build is underdelivered and extremely underbaked. May as well not have them. Innovative this is not.

Bonus 6. Ultimate abilities often don’t get used because they don’t have a dedicated seventh skill slot to them and their cooldowns typically don’t justify their damage and replacing an ability you can use more frequently. Like, come on. Lost Ark figured this out. And that game has horrid buildcrafting next to D4 even…

There’s a lot more to critique, and a lot more D4 promised to deliver on, but didn’t. Plenty more expectations to see how it could blow D3 out of the water too. But I feel it’s primarily these things first and foremost that hold the game back.

1 Like

It’s an OPINION.

Summary

But, I don’t disagree. :wink:

The games are foundationally built on greed more and more. They make more and more money every year. The game companies are worth more and more every year. And yet, it’s still not enough… Gotta lay people off to squeeze out just a little bit more.

Meanwhile the top management makes more in a month than what nearly all of their staff will ever make in multiple lifetimes.

Runaway greed ruins everything

3 Likes

Another troll post with no proof at all. Another “literally” one.
Must be nice being off holiday from this forum so you can keep spamming nonsense-

I mean, it’s Bravata. Anyone who doesn’t have him on ignore has nobody but themselves to blame.

Though, I will say, as much as it pains me to say something positive about the guy: I actually agree with the premise of this thread. There’s a reason I’m playing D3 instead of D4 right now.

However, the real tragedy is a double feature: not only does D4 have no valid reason to be this bad, but it also doesn’t have to be an either-or. A lot of gaming culture in general is fake manufactured outrage; it’s entirely possible, reasonable, and dare I saw rational, to enjoy more than one game at once.

But D4 is on fire (in a bad, “dumpster fire” way) and instead of extinguishing the flames, they’re just pouring gasoline on literally everything else so that D4 doesn’t burn as fast comparatively.

2 Likes

i’m always right. except for one time. the lord works in mysterious ways.

i hate to not say i told you so.

Solo self found with multibox robot support. sounds a lot like DIABLO 4 SEASON 3.

Name one thing Bravata has ever been wrong about. There is none.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU7sf0s-s_g

2 Likes

You serious?

Just the other day he claimed WD is 20 GRs behind other classes. The evidence disproves that claim.

There are numerous other examples.

2 Likes