D3 follower stats?

I’m confused. I always thought the gear abilities you equip on your follower are added to your own, is this not the case?

Ex: I’m Monk using Thief. No problems here since both me and my follower use Dex as main attribute. BUT what if I use Enchantress? Do I still equip her with Dex gear or should I put Int gear on her to increase her output?

That leads into my 2nd question: the game knows what my primary stats are and seems to drop gear 99% of the time with Dex (for example). How do I target gear for my follower to drop if I need Int on it (for Enchantress, for example)? I can’t make it with Blacksmith since he also targets MY stat priority…

Hoping someone can shed some light on these for me!

Make a level one int user and craft/reroll gear on that for the follower.

1 Like

Never was the case. Only gold find, magic find and experience per kill bonuses you give them from equipment reflects on you with 20% efficiency. Other than those adventure stats, you share nothing mutual.

You create a secondary character with the needed main stat and use them for gambling for the gear or rerolling the main stat from Mystic Artisan. Diablo wikis have every information you need if you read them.

1 Like

Firstly, only gear abilities which have the “emanates” tag apply to the player. You do gain some amount of xp bonus from the follower depending upon the gear they are using but it’s not a huge amount. Each follower has a main stat. For Templar it is Strength, For Scoundrel is Dex and Enchantress is Int. For the maximum benefit a follower needs to have their main stat at 25,000 or higher (which is the cap), going higher than that won’t help boost the skills any further. The best way to make gear specific to a follower is to craft/enchant them using a player character with the appropriate main stat. Use Crusader or Barb to make Templar gear. Use DH or Monk to make Scoundrel gear. Use Necro, Wiz or WD to make Enchantress gear.

2 Likes

With the exception of legendary effects that emanate. (And some other specific items that has an effect that will proc from your damage even when equipped on the follower, for example oculus ring. )

So if it is a Seasonal toon then how do I do that? I thought gear from “normal” toons can’t be shared with seasonal ones?

Sorry for noob’ish questions, I don’t play D3 very often.

You make another seasonal toon, you’re not limited to just one.

1 Like

I didn’t know I could do multi seasonal toons lol…thanks to everyone for quick and helpful responses!

Here is an example of what I do. I always start with Demon Hunter for the season, however I prefer to use the Templar for it’s healing and cheat death. Intelligence class is better for rolling a bow with reduced level so I make a seasonal Witch Doctor. At some point I also level the WD to 31 to roll for puzzle rings later on. I also create a seasonal Barb or Crusader to make my Templar’s gear and Bovine Bardiches.

2 Likes

The goal is to get them to their mainstat at 25k which is fairly easy as they gain double benefit from affixes. So, if you gave them a Primal with +1000 they actually get 2k.

Their mainstat, for the most part, increases the duration of effects and can make them slightly more powerful.

Plus a bunch of what was said already. Eventually, and at random, you will get items the follower can use that are their mainstat even when not using it yourself. You could wait. Or, you could make a level 1 character that uses that mainstat and enchant it at the Mystic to change Dex to Int or whatever. I will note you may have to roll it more than once even with a character that is supposed to get it available.

Sure, you will get a full set sooner or later doing that, but getting the “right” items doing that is borderline impossible.

Well, I did get Tal Rasha’s Relentless Pursuit on monk so it does happen. I don’t have Wizard in season because I don’t want to lose any of items she has even though they’re far from perfect. My first GR100 clear, you know what I mean.

Of course it does, but the odds of you getting all the specific items for a follower that you want that way is not really a feasible way to go. So far this season at paragon 1150 I’ve had zero such items drop, while by making a throwaway level 1 to reroll I had my follower decked as I prefer it by paragon 500 or so.

Why would you lose items by making a seasonal char? Even if you intend to rebirth a current char you can strip it beforehand but even if you don’t all items equipped are mailed to your non season cars.

I have full stash non season. Full of crap and roughly 150 leg gems.

I guess it wouldn’t be issue if rebirth wouldn’t cause you to lose all your saved builds.

No, it is not the case. Why would you think that?

Why do you keep “crap.”

Exactly. Just a side point some of the legendary abilities on gear will work on the followers. For example, I use the Hell Rack crossbow with Lyndon because it has a chance to root enemies to the ground when you hit them. Also, the Cord of the Sherma belt because it has a chance on hit to create a chaos field that Blinds and Slows enemies inside for 3 seconds. The Oculus Ring is a also a good one because of the Chance to create an area of focused power on killing a monster. Damage is increased by 82% while standing in the area. [70 - 85]%

1 Like

Why? I can see the point of saving some gems for caldesanns, but 130+ assuming you count the ones you actually use into those 150 seems highly excessive.

And some people complain that they do not have any stash space when it is “Full of crap.” :man_facepalming:

I have moved all gems from mail to stash after seasons and thrown away all rank 0 ones because I can never remember who used which one.

So is getting the “right” item for yourself. Regardless of what you do, the game is all about beating the lottery stick with more sticks.

No it’s not. Getting a full set with the right support legendaries takes what, a few hours? Now, getting the right items with perfect stats, that might take forever.