D3 causing macbookPro to crash

Been playing this game since it’s release and it’s never been this bad but as of the last few months it’s a constant stream of disconnects, game crashes, and complete macbook pro system crashes. Is there anything i can do to fix so i can keep playing? running OS X el capitan 10.11.6 on a late 2008 macbook pro. any help would be great. this is the only application that has these issues and this laptop is my daily driver for work so to speak and i never have issues with anything else.

Diablo 3 cannot be played on 10.11.6 anymore. It is built with an up to date version of XCode that cannot target anything prior to 10.12.6. Because of that it is unplayable on El Capitan, assuming it’s able to even launch.

Unfortunately, Sierra (10.12) requires hardware newer than what you have. Your hardware is well below the required minimum to play Diablo 3 now. This is not a Blizzard issue, it’s due to necessary updates to XCode on Apple’s side.

You got 11 years of life out of that machine. I’m afraid its time has passed. :frowning:

2 Likes

appreciate the explanation. that really is a shame tho. guess that’s the end of Diablo for me been playing since d1. oh well. not gonna dump money on a new machine just so d3 works lol. cya later blizzard :stuck_out_tongue: thanks again tias for helping

If you have Windows on that machine via boot camp it can still play D3 no problem, and probably better than in OS X.

1 Like

Discovered the issue. Apparently after a recent macOS update my power settings were changed to their default settings (aka power saving mode), which just doesn’t work when you are trying to run D3. Turned off those settings and the game went back to it’s old self pretty quick. Still has occasional server disconnects while playing but that’s on blizzards end of things.