D2Res Physical Edition?

very excited about the beta coming out as a long time player ty blizz
now can someone on the team confirm this so i can pre order a couple more copies?

will consoles get a physical release of the game? would love to add it to the shelf :sob:

7 Likes

Blizzard would have had multiple purchases from me for Diablo II: Resurrected, Starcraft: Remastered, Warcraft 3: Reforged, and World of Warcraft: Shadowlands if they had released physical copies (as they always have on PC since 1993’s The Lost Vikings). Instead, they only got one digital purchase from me for each title.

Going digital only loses money where collectors are involved, and I am surprised they’re not offering us something—even just directly through their online store, if nothing else.

good point didnt think about this dang

1 Like

I’d like to own D2R in physical copy too. I got both D3 and its expansion in collector’s edition, I am honestly surprised Blizzard isn’t doing a similar release for this.

2 Likes

Yes! Would love this

would 100% buy - much wow - very like

Na, most of normal players dont need that. i dont have any physical version anymore. for what?

the more i think about it the less likely it is to happen
blizz prolly wants it this way so they can ban your account for good so you have to buy a new copy of the game if its disc you could bring it to your friends house and all that so i see now why they wouldnt want it

Not enough collectors to warrant the cost of producing the game physically.