D2:R Version of Arreat Summit?

yes. playing each individual build feels like a completely new character and new experience in the game. I hated D3 in that it made character creation meaningless and skill choice pointless. Zero skill points? and you can swap whenever with zero penalty or effort? it was the thing that killed D3 the most for me. Then the power creep from RoS was just the nail in the coffin.

1 Like

Yeah I didn’t like that aspect of D3 either…I still play it couch style on the switch a few times a month though, it’s not a bad console self found game.

yes it feels exactly like a console game. Which was the problem lol. The button smashing fast paced nonsense. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep, never bought it on pc after I saw the RMAH, then after it was released on Switch, realized it was finally playable. It’s definitely not something I’d want to play on pc, but for trips away or couch smashing, it’s still pretty fun.

why stop there? everything in that game is not bad, keep the trash away and adopt some needed improvements ( like stacked gems & runes)

Same as the remaster: old site unchanged, and a remastered version, with better layout and design.
Seriously, D2 is so rich, you could never put all necessary info in the game. Besides, I don’t think you should show all existing items ingame. Some players just want to discover them when they drop, keeping mystery and surprise.
But an updated and accurate site with all info is needed. Anyway there will be lots of third party sites with guides, calculators, etc that will resurect too.

This goes to the idea that we need to hold people back from themselves :slight_smile: Nothing is a surprise with D2R, creating mystery for no reason is kind of pointless, if your going to that site the the first place you are kinda looking behind the curtains anyways.

that is why it is not necessary to show all existing items in the game itself

Editing this to reply to Faulty: what I meant is the site should have all info, no mystery there, but the game itself doesn’t have to include everything.
Keep in mind some players will be new. I remember back when I discovered the game, my first idea was not to check on websites what was the most powerful weapon, I just played it with no idea on what could drop next. And then some drops felt like wonders. The game itself keeps mysteries if you want it to.
I think it’s good to keep it that way for those who will have the same approach with D2R.

+1 for an Arreat Summit website upgrade and an SSL certificate.

And maybe some load balancing or whatever, because I very often have timeout issues trying to reach it.

Thanks !

Putting my support behind a facelift for Arreat Summit.

Yeah now that ladder items will be available for off season, I’ll have way better odds. That does motivate me.