D2:R Version of Arreat Summit?

while arrest summit has almost everything u need to know about d2 written by the devs themselves.
the “graphics” are rather old, it donest contain important things like breakpoints or IAS calculators, ( which for werewolf skills is extremely hard to find)

and likely wont be updated for d2:R.

i was wondering if anyone think blizzard might make a newer version of this site

4 Likes

I’d rather have them integrate the majority of the knowledge in the game

6 Likes

The site could use a facelift. The site is still running the non-secure http, which some system setups won’t allow to load without jumping through hoops.

1 Like

I still have the BradyGames - Ultimate Strategy Guide from 2001. But the Arreat Summit was my go to.

1 Like

I believe they actually addressed this saying that the site would remain as is unless any direct changes were made to the info it holds.

1 Like

I think the remaster needs an updated website to go with it. And I’ll be very surprised if we don’t get one.

I do think it could use updating, but as it is I highly doubt they’d put a calculator or the algorithms for affix generation on there, which is the most useful.

Meh. I have about 5 go to sites with bookmarks all over the internet for d2, so I’m all for an update, but I’m fine if they don’t too. Would be good for new players I don’t doubt.

1 Like

Same, and Blizzard has always engaged 3rd party sites for their games, so they might see that as less necessary.

where did you hear this? Because i thought i remember them saying they WILL update the site with all the new graphics and symbols closer to release. I’m trying to find an answer regarding this either way. I love the site but like the OP said, it needs a bit more info plus a nice facelift. The site should’ve gotten a “glow-up” years ago regardless consider its from a billion dollar company and site design is super cheap/easy.

this. i really hope they do what D3 did (dear god did i just say that?) and have all the cube recipes on the side… :face_vomiting: i apologize for mentioning D3 in any positive light. This is the one and only thing they should take from D3. :stuck_out_tongue:

The best part about the Arreat Summit was browsing all the gear that I’ll never find, lol.

2 Likes

Nah, this page can’t change.
It’s a classic

I found all the sets, I’m missing a few uniques (tyraels ugh) and Zod, I hope to find them on D2R :slight_smile: good luck to u

D1 I had the holy grail, D3 as well, but in D2 I was so poor over the last ~20 years. It was my friends that gave hand me downs and such, so this remaster may still be tricky.

1 Like

Step 1 make a sorc haha.

Step 2 do what u want :slight_smile:

I do want to explain one thing with the diablo series. I don’t generally farm. I almost treat them like a zelda or dark souls where I take what I can find until I hit the wall. All these years I’ve kinda played this series the ‘wrong way’, but the small progress always felt proper.

1 Like

I do the “not farming” thing about once a year, at ladder reset. I will start a non-meta build, a weaker one preferably, and play only that 1 char, see how far I can get. It’s sometimes better than being OP.

I’m also not a fan of constant farming or spending hours farming. It gets old fast. I play like this:

1. make all 7 classes and start slowly leveling each one jumping back and forth
  2. Stack MF gear on all characters while leveling
  3. Once i get to act 3 NM i’ll farm meph and andy just a little bit on each character and i usually get at least a few great drops and then back to leveling.

i don’t usally “get stuck” because i also make more than 7 characters. I’ll create separate characters for each build. So a hammerdin, zealer, fire sorc, ele sorc, ect. And with playing each new build i find plenty of gear for everyone over time with very little farming. Sometimes sharing the same pieces.

Billy- if I can ask-

Do you intend to play this same way if they make ladder 3 months, I feel like that could be very frustrating. I have decided if they make 3 month ladders to only make 2 characters per season, but I normally used to do 4-5 chars.

I feel like season length is a hard thing for the developers. On one hand, I think 6 months is too long…but 3 months? I am undecided.

ladder? oh i was talking about SP. ladder is a whole other animal. Can’t not farm for ladder. I usually play similar but with a dedicated MF sorc first who i spend 45 min or so a day farming. As much as i can stand before going back to leveling, the fun part.

Fair. I do the exact same on you for single player…I find it really fun to switch chars all the time :smiley:

1 Like