D2R shortcut "-legacy" command

Adding option to start the game directly with legacy graphic for user without the required GPU or for users who preffer to play Legacy graphic instead of Ressurected yet , by adding “-legacy” without quotes , into the D2R shortcut !

"C:\D2R\Game.exe" -legacy

15 Likes

Updated HD Graphics + Legacy graphics are both loaded on the fly, which is why the transition happens instantaneously with the hotkey.

I don’t think what you’re asking for is as simple as adding a switch to a command line.

It could be do e but would require them setting that up, which I don’t think they would. If they did I don’t think they would bury it in a shortcut command for anyone not versed in such things as -w etc.

yeah but the main menu , the character select screen are with ressureced , what is needed is there to be Legacy maina menu and legacy character select screen , legacy channel

If everyone wants to permanently play D2R in “Legacy” mode, why not just play classic D2LOD? Easy. Problem solved.

3 Likes

becasue classic d2 has cheaters

2 Likes

You think D2R wont have them as well? They likely just wont be as many or as bold.

It would be smart for Blizzard to give the option start the game in legacy only mode. It’d be a shame for D2:R to shut out everyone who doesn’t have a GPU out of the game. Get as many people in the game as they can!

If one has crappy Intel HD graphics, they should be able to play D2:R in legacy graphics mode from game launch to termination as long as they are running Windows 10.

A lot of people who have older systems that can play the original game without any problems are tired of the original games problems, mainly centered around the original Battle.net server platform. Lag, random disconnects, cheats, bots, two-week restrictions, etc.

Sure a lot of these people would love to have a nice system capable of playing Cyberpunk 2077 @ 4K/120FPS, but maybe there are other higher priorities in life that money needs to be spent on.

It’s time to retire the “just go and play the original D2” argument as well. :smirk:

6 Likes

Strongly Disagree.
Less requirements means easier to bot multiple copies.

2 Likes

Want to agree, but it’s entirely possible to bot D2 without running a D2 client at all. Option to load legacy only should be made available unless devs have made some choices which make implementing it a problem. More PLAYERS = Better. Please ban bots.

3 Likes

Yeap option to load the game from its start with only legacy graphic will bring alot of players who cannot afford GPUs or modern PCs

1 Like

I tend to agree with the Legacy only mode. At least on my side, some of my friends don’t want to invest in a new computer. It’s not just about a beautiful looking game, but also about the ability to survive in hardcore and how loading screens will be improved/removed.
D2 original keys are hacked and are sold by third parties. At 40$, hackers are not inclined to run or re-buy multiple copies after being banned.

And hackers could still find a way to run D2r with low definition settings as well.

1 Like

I didn’t want to say it out loud, but launch arguments for low use reeks of botting potential.

This is another hard pass for me. Load the game like everyone else and swap to legacy after it’s available.

I’m sure this is going to be far less taxing on your systems than you imagine provided you’re willing to optimize your settings.

I am aware that client-less botting exists but let us pray that they’ve altered the code enough so this is a relic of the past.

1 Like