D2R questions for Alpha testers

1. I remember there being some known bugs in D2, did the devs fix and publish a list of bugs they fixed with D2R?

2. How about known bugs that were not fix?

3. Were alpha testers able to play in groups?

4. Are the loot mechanics and trading the same as the original game or was personal loot introduced into the game?

5. Does the alpha include off-line mode for testing?

I wasn’t testing, but wached MrllamaSC streaming. A lot of your questions are answerd there if you care to wach him play.

But if my answers are good enough for you than:
No. Not all known bugs were fixed.
No group play in this phase, only offline solo.
Loot is the same at this point, trading was not tested do to offline solo testing.

I got an invite and ran a sorc to lvl 21.

1. no D2 bugs were fixed or are going to be fixed.

2. solo only play. Its Single Player with Blizzards server instead of your PC.

3. no personal loot. It’s D2 that you know.

4. like #2 it’s only Single Player with Bllizzards server.

You can actually moonwalk in town. It’s pretty cool. I got a 360 after I stopped streaming so it’s not in the vid but I got a couple decent 180s in there:

https://streamable.com/62rbot

If you talk about things like cheesing Mephisto, the answer is yes, you’ll still be able to cheese him.

No I’m not talking about cheesing anything.

I meant, given that you asked about whether the bugs were still there or not, and given that perhaps the most famous bug was the one about Mephisto getting stuck in the stairs, I thought it was about that.

No offense, I mean, everyone made use of it, me included, devs even explicitly mentioned it (looking for the source).

Lol I’m assuming that’s not caused by lag, it’s just how the added animation frames are incorrectly superimposed on the old, correct animations.

To stay on topic:
From what we’ve been told they’ll leave all the bugs in the game for that pure, authentic experience.

Yeah it’s a weird one. In town, if you hold down SHIFT+LMB the legs of the character seem to get into some kind of animation cancel loop. Since LMB is a standard melee attack, they may not have that attack behavior taken out of the “state machine” for the avatar at the highest level while in town. They may instead be using code that cancels that key combo the instant that it starts. Which is why it looks like a series of animation cancels - it’s pretty hilarious.

The only problems I have with Alpha are loading times/freezes and the A1/A2 Merc will go AWOL much more frequently than D2 while playing Sorc (with teleports). There’s something going on there with rubberbanding the Merc to be in proximity to the character (they’re fine when changing maps/levels, using TP or WP etc).

Overall the Alpha is excellent in my opinion - if they nail the loading times they’ll be fine.