D2R purists survivorship bias

Jealousy is a sickness. Also ploot dumbs down the game an makes it easier. #trytochangemymind.

Blizzard wants to get to launch first and have the game release as smoothly as possible. They know about the brigade effort. They already know that a large percentage of the players want an optional loot system. They also know many do not. They have been clear that additional changes are most likely coming after launch. It is now just a waiting game.

Can you explain how it dumbs down the game?

Irrespective of the loot system, you still need to be able to build a character, know about runewords, etc… The only thing it changes is whether you get loot by clicking faster where for the average player they would get about 1/8 of good drops in an FFA game and personal loot where that average player would also get 1/8 of good drops on average.

Clicking faster is a sign of manual dexterity and not intelligence. (and even sometimes it is a sign of a cheater with pickit/macro/autoclicker).

In terms of being easier, FFA loot allows you to target build- and class-specific items. In personal loot, it is RNG, therefore personal loot makes the game harder to gear up.

“Purist Crowd” Translation: Customers who want what they were promised.

• Remastered graphics—monsters, heroes, items, spells, all resurrected.
  • Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.
  • Updated Battle.net support.
  • Planned support for cross-progression—take your progress wherever you play.

meanwhile this guy here is arguing for a remake…

3 Likes

Did you even read this threads topic and what we are discussing before you try to accuse people of being jealous when they are using examples on how this topic on the “bias” of Blizzard for the D2R purists crowd is true.

Your mad that someone who doesn’t see eye to eye to you got a personal response from blizzard thanking him. An you’re a strong advocate of ploot. Which we already know there’s about 6 of you making thousands of comments on all different types of threads derailing topics when all that’s really need is one Ploot thread thats it. Spamming it doesn’t get your voice heard.

Lol, how am I mad? I am using examples to help support the OP’s claim that Blizzard is currently being bias towards the purist crowd. However, I think you are trying to get me mad with trolling based on your first comment of me just being jealous. That is why I am putting you on ignore and continuing my conversation with rational people like MicroRNA.

“Purist” a Derogatory label. You think you are superior to customers who want to stand up to people like you because you want a remake and they were promised by blizzards announcement a remaster?

1 Like

“Im putting you on ignore cause I don’t agree with what you’re saying” Seriously man. If your mental stability is that low go see a therapist.

Oh so you dictate what terms are derogatory now. Go look up the term purist, it’s another word for traditionalist which these players are.
a person who adheres strictly and often excessively to a tradition

No, I am putting you ignore because the first statement you made to me about my examples to help enforce that the OP’s idea of Blizzard being bias towards the no-change crowd was just me being jealous. You were the one who was “mad” about my examples so you tried to personally attack me based on you being mad about what I was writing. Take care.

smells like a meltdown :laughing:

Customer: a person who buys a product or uses a service from a business. The game was advertised as a remaster. Customers bought that. The only one that doesn’t understand that is you. Hence why your advocating remake changes and surprised your getting pushback from customers who already purchased the remaster.

and it was also advertised that Blizzard would make changes if the players wanted them. It can be both: A strict remaster realm and a modern realm. Blizzard would have fulfilled their obligation for a remaster.

2 Likes

But for a second let’s assume they do not want to do this, just for argument’s sake.

I think we all know which realm should remain.

No it was not advertised that blizzard would make changes if they wanted them. That was done VIA twitter. Comments and replies on social media to discussions are not a form of advertising. Websites, Videos , ADs etc These are advertisements. For Example: D2R main website advertises the game as a remaster that literally states “Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.”

2 Likes

I just see another thread about “can´t wait to play D4” people, tired of D3 rifts and seasons, who have seen in D2R the oportunity to make their D3.5 in the mean time.

It’s funny how they complain about purists when Blizzard literally mentioned and selected Mr.Llama for an interview with devs about the remaster… They literally changed the lighning effects in the alpha because Mr.Llama said it was different to the OG and “too blue”…

This is not a new game, this is not meant to be a D3.5, This is just D2 with 2021 graphics, some qol changes and we could feel lucky if we get some ancient bugs fixed.
Blizzard stated they were doing this because it was the game that defined a genre, there’s no way that you can get something very different to “the game that defined a genre”.

3 Likes

However, I don’t think Blizzard really understands how “many” that do not want this option is actually just a small vocial minority that are against it based upon them replying to it to that no-changes user or OP is correct that they really are being bias towards this crowd.

This new video from another Diablo streamer summed it up perfectly that I timed stamped for you:

buahaha all i can see is 4-6 pro plotters spamming :laughing: :man_facepalming:

Yep I already called 6 of them out by name. They account for over 2000 comments about ploot on these forums.

2 Likes

Additionally, people have to have bought a copy of D2R in order to post on these forums, so it’s not a great measurement to gague on how big the player base really is that want an option since they didn’t buy it due to not having this option. The vocial minority “no change” “purist” crowd would be here since they support the current state of the game by buying a copy so they are able to post here. The comment section on the largest Diablo streamer Rhykker’s Youtube comment section that also want a personal loot option (not locked out from posting their feedback due to having to purchase the game) says it all and helps reinforce my statement from the new video of another Diablo streamer that I posted above.