D2:R physical items & box released for... Twitch streamers

Today, some Twitch streamers started sharing images of the physical items they received from Blizzard in celebration of the impending launch of D2:R. It even includes a small box with the updated artwork:

Fans have been asking for some kind of physical edition for D2:R since it was announced. We were told over and over again that it is a digital only product.

Apparently, you can get a physical collector’s copy if you are a Twitch streamer.

If you…

Bought the original game upon release in 1996?

Reserved and bought the CE of D2 upon release in 2000?

Went to the midnight release of D2: LOD in 2001?

Collected all the physical releases over the years (Diablo Shareware, Diablo Battle Chest, PS1 Diablo, etc)?

Own every novel, comic, strategy guide, etc?

Oh well. We don’t get anything for our shelves and our collections. I guess we didn’t help make the series successful in the same way Twitch streamers did! Thank god for Twitch streamers and all they’ve done to earn these amazing items.

77 Likes

Yeah this makes me pretty salty. Like revolted. Disgusted. Maybe even a little nauseated.

Screw your biggest fans huh? LOL…

33 Likes

Lol. Acting like the streamers are why we love d2. Also, mrllamma better have gotten the same stuff. Dbrunski didn’t deserve it.

17 Likes

Yea, totally the streamers that kept this game going for 20 years…

This isn’t as bad as the korean data center thing but idk

12 Likes

We’re getting low balled left and right. This is pretty rich.

24 Likes

WTF! This is absolute BS blizzard and you know it. I’ve seen HUNDREDS of random comments on all social platforms BEGGING for this!

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻

22 Likes

I second the tableflip.

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻

14 Likes

This bothers me. Shame on Blizzard.

16 Likes

First ninja bonuses to the Korean gaming market, now another select group - streamers - getting exclusive products. Wonder what’s next?

I’ll be damned if they think Streamers did a single thing more for the title that we didn’t do as every day users.

17 Likes

Ploot. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:.

Body is too short.

1 Like

I kept telling people that D2:R might be blizzard’s last good product but its starting to look like that is being too generous.

8 Likes

not gonna lie this does anger me… i cant name any other game ive bought more physical copies of than d2 i swear ive bought atleast 6 or 7 copies over time… but the reason companies dont do it anymore is because they can sell their product without having to sit on inventory… they legit have 0 inventory costs… its smart for business but damn it sucks ya know

9 Likes

yeah, pretty sure if the physical special edition with a SoJ was buy able, like 95% of people on this forum would have bought it like instantly.

20 Likes

Yeeeep

Ain’t that the truth.

3 Likes

The streamers helped popularize the title before release. I care way more about the fact that they seem to be compromising the integrity of the game(Korean Cafe 25% mf buff) than this.

2 Likes

Lol. What? Nah bro
Just. Nah.

5 Likes

It actually bothers me as well, I’ve been a loyal D2 player since the release when I was a little kid. I’ve played D2 a lot ever since, I preordered D2R 3 times, once for myself, for my brother and for my best friend because I want to share the love.

5 Likes

Apparently this is a blizzard-forum specific gripe because the threads on Reddit and JSP people are like: “lol who cares? its just cheap junk. troll”

へ‿(ツ)‿ㄏ

Genuinely surprised more people don’t think this is crap. It’s not a giant deal, but ive seen plenty of people asking for one.

3 Likes

People starting to realize that this remaster wasn’t really for their hardcore fans. Now it’s almost too late.

4 Likes

If people on this forum knew just how much access streamers have at Blizzard there’d be a true reality check.

Especially for those with thousands of posts.

3 Likes