D2R on PS4 runs pretty badly

Constant frame drops while walking, tons of loading screens, but most of all, i feel like it overheats the system a little bit too much.

My old 1994 laptop runs D2 at a better framerate than a PS4. Now i get it, ps4 is ANCIENT and PCMASTERRACE blah, blah blah, but this shouldn’t been so taxing on the system.

Just remember that ANCIENT hardware runs horizon:zero down, farcry5, and a lot of “taxing” games at perfectly stable framerates and i get constant 2-4 second freezes even using “old school graphics” on D2R.

most infurriating than everything are enemies and walls randomly turning invisible and blocking the way and then when you find a way around they randomly appear and blink like a 30 year old DX game. this shouldn’t happen this far into a system that runs other vicariousvissions games perfectly fine. it’s like they don’t really know the hardware and this is their first game.

i get people complain about the avengers game that besides cyberpunk, it’s the worst runing game on ps4 right now, but surprisingly i get less framedrops while smashing everything on screen with 3 other hulks. and that’s the absolute worst running game after cyberpunk.

should i say, im concerned? i’m concerned. because i doubt anything would change in one month.

besides, rubberbanding and lag on single player games with 100mb wired connection?
why? i hate that.

my last hope is for single player at release to be at least playable.

oh and grandmazon is still there.

the only good part of the no-refound policy is that maybe (maybe) this will play better on a ps6.

if, they keep the backwards compatibility for ps6.

Good purchase 4/10 would refound again.

and no, i have a last gen i7 with a 2050 and 128gb of ram and still my ps4 still runs a lot of games better.

ancient hardware or not, D2R shouldn’t run like that.

2 Likes

It’s running rough on PC too. I don’t have a great gaming PC, but it’s using almost 100% of my resources. It’s up there with Ark, and I never thought I’d say that lol.