D2R Giveaway contest

Is there some bias against residents of Canada from entering this contest? (if there’s some restrictive laws, this fact should be included in the rules)

edit: links to rules/announcement.

1. https://twitter.com/diablo/status/1440005353756893190?s=21

2. DIABLO II: RESURRECTED PC & CONSOLE GIVEAWAY - Rules

2 Likes

What… giveaway contest are you referring to?

Edit: Also if this is a third party giveaway, refrain from bringing attention to such things in the future here. Giveaways and the likes are prohibited from being advertised on these forums.

1 Like

Ya not sure about any contest. I know people have been doing discord contests and giveaways but that’s all organized by them.

Laws do affect cross border giveaways and promotions. I know Quebec has more stringent rules. Just no clue what your referring to.

The giveaway that they announced that will be going on for the next 3 days. It is not 3rd part, Blizzard is sponsoring it. Check out the FB, Insta, and Twitter pages for Diablo

That would explain why I don’t know about it. I’m not the biggest fan of social media so I try to stay away from it, lol. Thanks for the heads up though. Shame it’s only for those platforms.

2 Likes

Looks like Canada has a “criminal code” that prohibits awarding prizes solely on the basis of chance (i.e., gambling/lottery-like) or requiring a participant to pay money or other valuable consideration in order to participate in the contest or draw if the prize is goods, wares or merchandise.

There are clearly exceptions since it also seems there are these types of events inside Canada available only to residents.

Ya me neither, even quick Google popped up nothing.

But Canada does have certain rules, usually contests do still work but not to sure the requirements.

1 Like

Twitter says they are posting right now on facebook, but don’t see anything there.

It was removed. They asked people to post pictures, but their Facebook post wouldn’t allow pictures lol.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to enter the DAY 3 giveaway?

It’s on Twitter. Post your prized Diablo possession.

I didn’t participate, because of reasons. I helped whoever to win. Don’t say I never gave you anything. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like