D2R: First Impressions

First, D2R is looking gorgeous and can’t wait to pick this up. With that said, here are my first impressions (I’ll keep it short and sweet):

• Character Models
    Barbarian is looking too skinny in-game and needs to be more muscular. Amazon needs the most work to look more feminine with a certain sex appeal. She used to be a sexy female warrior, but now she’s old and tired.

• Lightning Visual Effects
    Lightning visual effects need to be white, not blue. Also, add more girth to the lightning visual effects to make it look more powerful.

• Frozen Visual Effects
    Frozen visual effects need to be dark blue, not cyan or teal looking. Also, the Blizzard skill is looking pretty underwhelming at the moment.

• Left/Right Skill Icons
    I personally prefer the left and right skill icons on-screen to be situated near the Health and Mana Globes within the UI, rather than near the center (like it was in D2 LoD).

• Level Up
    Upon leveling up, we get new skill points and stats to distribute. In D2R, this button is merged into a single button within the center of the UI. I think this should be implemented the old way. Also, every time we level up, there are endless popups to remind me to spend skill points and stats. There needs to be an option to turn this off.

• Waypoint Menu
    The Waypoint Menu looks very bland and uninspiring for a phenomenal game like D2R. Consider changing the art design to make the menu pop and give it more attention. I would like to see the menu border implement the silver lattice border with the fine intricate detail like it was in D2 LoD.

• Skill Tree Menu
    The Skill Tree Menu should look like it did in D2 LoD, with the different skill paths located on the sides and not on the top. The skill point remaining should be located at the top corner as opposed to being shown at the bottom, which is hard to see. Again, I would like to see the menu border implement the silver lattice border with the fine intricate detail like it was in D2 LoD.

• Potion & Gem Artwork
    The various potions and gems in D2R don’t look very inspiring and could use some work for visual improvement.

• Font on Dropped Items
    This is a minor detail, but the font on dropped items needs to be more solid and bolder. Currently, it feels to thin and the letters are too spaced apart.

Other than these minor details, everything else is looking good. Thoughts?

2 Likes

Do the followers in D2R engage in sassy worthless chit chat?

This belongs in…

1. Click the blue pencil under your post to enter Edit mode
  2. In the Edit window, at the top-right, use the drop-down to select the right sub-forum
  3. Click Save and that will move your thread to the relevant sub-forum

Fully agree about playable chars appearance. I’d add that most of them are not the ones from D2. I mean, the druid it’s a very well designed druid, but it’s not that druid, the D2 druid we loved. And it’s way more important if your intention is to recapture the feeling of you playing that druid 2 decades ago than, for example, a garlic no one noticed.

Same with Dave Batista Barb, that asian girl Assassin, …

Also agree about lighting/cold colors and potion designs. Less concerned about UI proposals, I think they’re fine as they are.

2 Likes

That Druid you played 2 decades ago was a bunch of pixels. You want him to look like that? seriously? Diablo II graphics are so bad, it’s like playing a game without glasses on. The whole point of D2R is to deliver the glasses they forgot to include 20 years ago. And the truth isn’t always pretty. HD doesn’t only have ups you know.

The Druid you think you played 2 decades ago doesn’t exist. It’s an image your mind superimposed over a blob of muddy pixels. It looks nothing like the Druid concept art, or any living human being. It is an artifact of a bygone era with limited technology. Everything looked terrible back then. And it is kind of silly to ask they still should. Show me a single video game character that still looks the same as in the 90s. I’m waiting.

Could you justify your tone replying to my previous post? Do you behave that way in real life? People doing that is usually excluded from society.

Especially if you have no clue what you’re talking about: https://i.imgur.com/az4nZXn.png

1 Like

With all the trolling you’ve done in the D3 FORUM, you’d think your skin would be a lil bit thicker, huh…

1 Like

So, are those players that got the Alpha access can’t post in the D2R Alpha section as well?

2 Likes

You’re never going to be a forum moderator…

:thinking:

2 Likes

The only thing I see is you implicitly recognizing that my opinion was respectful, his reply to my respectful post was rude, and you’re still defending him also being rude to me and calling me troll with no evidence.

That proves that you are the troll, not me.

1 Like

Highly ironic, seeing how you modified your original reply to my post into a decidedly less respectful version. :roll_eyes:

Yes, I behave that way in real live, and no, I have nothing to justify. All I’m doing is stating the facts. If you can’t take the truth or think that’s somehow rude that’s not my problem. I assure you you don’t want to see what a rude post from me looks like, and I am only replying to you precisely because I want to make clear that it was not my intention to offend you in any way. If you choose to take offense again, I cannot help it, and I really don’t care either way (once again, a simple fact).

This is my final word on the matter.

I really hope they fix the Amazon character model…

No fooling. I do find the trolls that love to dish out crap have the thinnest if skins. They usually start by lobbing the first jambs, others retaliate,
then they utilize rhe retaliation as a way to cry foul and get others banned.

1 Like

You are the real little thinskin boy being a white knight hero all over the forums dude lets be real, You are such a big man for constantly putting others down.
Pretty sure in real life over real actual issues not weak game stuff its you who has the thin skin spending 24/7 on here brother.
so many comments all over your profile lol.

Sounds a lot like you are projecting to be honest.