D2R - Alpha Test - Forum Feedback

Concerning the very short cinematics displayed, thank you for sharing some of it. Some changes can be fine, some can’t imo. I understand it’s a lot of work but I think some scenes are crucial to nail. Here are my remarks :
https://i.ibb.co/6DW497r/trailer-cinematic-preview.jpg

Archangel Tyrael

In D2R he is currently looking again like in d3/sc2/OW cinematics : “posing”, showing off like for a fashion show. I think it’s wrong or dangerous to add sugar to a course that does not need any.
D2 legacy’s Tyrael is an archangel : a model of humbleness, a paragon of virtue. This attitude makes him lose his divine feature and alters the serious tone of the game. Think of Gandalf posing, it would not reinforce the mood of the movie.
(The other changes of this shot are fine though imo)

The jail

• The original scene is a back-lit, somehow overexposed and blazing in a distant bath of light ; to give a higher contrast. It keeps the dark wanderer not recognizable to keep the viewer uninformed and intrigued. The tunic should not be lit like in a museum — It is a movie. Besides, the higher contrast of the original makes the silhouette easier to read, it is more beautiful.
  • The original spider should not look like a tarantula. It’s not supposed to look scary. Rather a small spider to make the place believable.