D2: Resurrected forums - Unable to post unless you own the game

I often wonder if people, those who play games, have forgotten how to have fun. DII:Resurrected will add years of enjoyment to Blizzard’s loved legacy games. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:alien: :dolphin:

5 Likes

I pre-purchased D2R game on this account and It still says i must own the game to post on D2R forums

Log a Support ticket with them :).

regarding skill trees: they should allow an infinite number of skill tree resets with the first one being free and the next costing in-game gold. price could scale with level. the skill tree can currently only be reset once i believe.

Agreed. Especially in the aftermath of WC3R, the widespread disappointment with D3 from D2 vets… now we gotta pay full price for a game with no release date based on day 1 footage just to put in our two cents? That’s asking for more trust than you’ve earned at the moment, Blizzard.

Just adding that I loved everything I heard in the Deep Dive, and the development crew sound genuinely committed to doing this right… but when I see how many forum posts are just Wrath-babies demanding that D2R be dumbed down until it’s no different from D3, I fear the worst.

And let’s not forget what should (isn’t, but should) be common knowledge by now: pre-ordering is a way for consumers to give developers permission to release an unfinished product.

2 Likes

Nah, these sound like they came out of the playbook of D3. D2 needs to stay non linear as it always has been. I hate how balanced and linear everything is in D3 - Booooring zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I can’t even post in the forum and I preordered it. I don’t know why this is happening I thought waiting a bit for it to activate would work but I still don’t have access. It’s frustrating that they are access gating but even that seems bugged.

OP’s suggestion is a good idea

Personally, I’m not gonna spend 40 bucks to post something that might not even be read about a game I might not even play lol

D2R was a guaranteed purchase until I read about the 3 month ladders

Losing valuable feedback I think

Okay, I want to take a second to clarify some stuff, here.

First off, “what [do] drop rates even have to do with this?”

You tell me; that was a direct quote from your comment, where you suggested that Blizzard “Improve drop rates of end-game gear for shorter ladder seasons / more consistent progress.”

If you don’t understand why “gear balance” and “end-game gear” as you’ve described them are things that can’t exist at the same time, then I don’t know how to explain what “drop rates” have to do with them to you.

But the issue is either mathematical—not that I “lack imagination”—or that you have fundamentally failed to describe the “improvements” you are trying to suggest.

Otherwise, you’re just asking for a different game. Diablo 3 actually addressed most of your complaints, but obviously it did so in ways that you didn’t like, so maybe you should start looking for a non-Diablo alternative if you’re so unhappy with Blizzard actually giving you what you asked for.

we are relegated to some obscure forums as people who have probably played the game for 1000+ hours and bought the game 2 or 3 x at least. THIS IS SOME BS.

I mean why would blizz want input from CURRENT PLAYERS on the remaster…

Why do we have to have a seperate forum for d2 and d2 ressurected if its supposed to be the same game with only graphics upgrades and smoother servers?

They are going to mess this up just like they did with d3…

As a 20 year vet, its sad i cant post a new topic unless i wait 18 hours… Blizz yall have turned into real douches.

I said you lacked imagination when you said that the ONLY way for ABC to happen is XYZ. There are multiple ways to fix problems.

There’s two important things that need to be changed, and maybe you’re calling them both “drop rates” but they are very different things.

1. In order to increase gameplay variety of Diablo 2, the amount and quality of loot that monsters drop needs to be balanced so that players are not compelled to endlessly farm one of a handful of bosses. This must be relative to the monster difficulty or else players will just farm the easiest monsters (removing monster immunities and class balance changes are needed for this).

2. In order for players to be able to find good items in a shorter ladder season, the overall drop rates of those items must be increased. Otherwise no one gets their godly gear before the ladder reset and the item grind largely loses its purpose.

Diablo 3 sort of does these, but a key to their implementation is that in end-game, you literally can’t just farm bosses, because they are all in rifts, which force you to kill a bunch of regular enemies before the boss spawns. I don’t think Diablo 2 should go this route.

Again, that isn’t a lack of imagination on my part. At worst, it’s an inappropriate use of hyperbole, and I don’t even believe it’s that.

You said—and please, note the bit in quotations here, because they are not decorative—that Blizzard should “balance gearing (instead of spamming specific bosses.)”

That necessarily means you don’t want loot tables to be linked to specific bosses. There is literally no other way to do that, and not because I “lack imagination,” but because of what the words you said mean.

You also specifically said that you wanted to “fix any other ‘features’” that promote spamming specific content.

Explain to me how I can possibly be expected to parse these two suggestions, taken together, in any other way besides “anything should be able to drop anywhere?”

After all, if there is any item that can’t drop anywhere, and you want that item, that promotes spamming specific content. Again, this is not me lacking imagination, it is a simple logic problem without multiple solutions.

In other words, the only way for those two suggestions to be implemented at the same time—and yes, I mean the only way because it is literally true based on the words you actually used—is for every single item in the game to have an exactly equal chance to drop from every single source of loot in the game.

AND THEN you said that you wanted to “improve drop rates of end-game gear.”

The problem is not my imagination, it is your logic. As you described them, those three suggestions can not all be implemented at once.

The only reasonable issue I can see you taking with my reply might be that your issue isn’t that everything should have identical drop rates, which would be a valid complaint if not for how the drop system in Diablo 2 actually worked.

In replying to your suggestions, I’ve oversimplified things slightly because your suggestion completely ignores how drops are determined within Diablo 2.

The reason why some items can only drop from some bosses isn’t (always and/or generally) due to “loot tables” in the traditional sense, but because drops were determined using a calculation that included your character level, the monster’s level, an item’s item level and quality level, and a separate table with minimum values that the calculation had to generate for an item to be unique vs rare and for certain affixes to appear.

Maybe it’s possible for there to be a solution that involves serious tweaks to the clvl and ilvl calculations based purely on what items are commonly used in meta builds, but A: I didn’t get the impression from any of your comments that that’s what you were suggesting, B: that sounds like a terrible idea, and C: this is a remaster, not a new game.

Edit: Mechanically, the only way for your suggestion to fix features that promote spamming specific content is to change the drop equation to a value that does make every single item equally possible to drop from every single source, because of the way Diablo 2 generates loot.

In a game that isn’t Diablo 2, there might be other ways to solve that problem, but we’re talking about a remaster of Diablo 2. The issues you’re proposing solutions for belong in the forums for Diablo 4, because—whether you realize it or not—what you’re asking for is some very high-level redesigning of basic components of Diablo 2’s code.

TL;DR in case you don’t want to read my other 2 replies.

This isn’t an issue of imagination—it’s a math problem. People spam Pindle runs for Tal Rasha’s Amulet because of the way Diablo 2 calculates drop rates for items. The only way to dis-incentivize doing Pindle runs for Tal Rasha’s Amulet would be to change either the actual statistics for the item itself or the entire way Diablo 2 calculated loot drops.

It isn’t an issue of just adding a 0 to a line in a spreadsheet. What you’re suggesting literally isn’t possible without completely rebuilding the game. Your lack of knowledge about the game’s mechanics is not a failure of my imagination.

You should probably do research on the different ways to effectively farm loot before suggesting changes in a game you appear to know little about. Farming bosses is only one way, nor necessarily the most effective way. It really all depends on the build being used and knowledge of the game.

Hey. Don’t bash on the guy.

Clearly you just lack imagination.

After all, clvl, mlvl, ilvl, and qlvl are just random sequences of letters that I just made up this very moment and have absolutely no bearing on loot in Diablo 2. <.< >.>