D2: Resurrected forums - Unable to post unless you own the game

Currently in order to post there, we must prepurchase the game.

Call me cautious, but I’m wanting more details on the remaster before I throw some money down.

Request from Blizzard: At least let the current owners of Diablo 2 post there up until the open beta becomes available. After all, they are the ones most likely to purchase the game. Thank you.

20 Likes

I think they need to make a 50% discount for classic owners or give the Resurrected without new graphic

2 Likes

Does anyone know if Mac will be supported by this game? Need to know before I preorder

1 Like

In my case, I do own the Classic version and already purchased the D2R but I cannot create a new topic… Strange… I wanna know how to increase my chance to get the alpha!!

After watching the deep dive, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Take my money, Blizzard! :money_mouth_face:

They should still allow current D2 owners to share their input there up until sometime around beta testing.

1 Like

I am next! A little challenge is that I’ve been working on a new computer build and, well, need to be careful of entertainment-centred purchases. As like with many families, the pandemic has been tough on us financially.

Pay-2-Feedback is dumb.

D2 is the best in the series, but I see no reason to buy D2R without significant improvements:

General Gameplay

• Balance leveling (de-incentivize spamming areas with lots of rare monsters, such as trist runs and baal throne room, and Act 1 of next difficulty shouldn’t be a huge spike)
  • Balance gearing (instead of spamming specific bosses)
  • Fix any other “features” that promote spamming specific content, such as guaranteed rune drops from countess and forge quest (“rush for forge”)
  • Improve drop rates of end-game gear for shorter ladder seasons / more consistent progress
  • Solo Self Found ladder (like PoE) because multiplayer takes away from the prestige of being high on the ladder

Skill Trees

• Balance skill trees so that everything is usable end-game
  • Cap synergies (hard or soft) so that players can use more skills at full or near-full effectiveness
  • Balance weapon-based skill damage to be less gear-dependent so that those characters don’t have to farm gear just to be able to level
  • Remove full respec

Other

• Remove monster immunities
  • Improve frame rate; finer attack / cast speed break points
  • Balance character stats (instead of dump all points into vitality)
  • Change armor and attack rating system to something that feels more consistent (such as physical damage reduction and armor pierce)
  • Change resistance system to something non-hard-capped
  • In-game lists of rune words and cube recipes
  • Personal loot or some other system to get rid of loot ninjas
  • I think there was something about auto gold pickup being optional; NO, NO, NO. Auto gold pickup removes the player’s choice to spend the time and effort picking up gold and ruins immersion. It should not be in any Diablo game, ever.

I agree with this sentiment. I would love to be able to partake in discussions on the new game. :confused:

1 Like

I can’t make a new topic on these forums even though I own the games. :confused:

EDIT: It seemed to fix itself. Now I can make new topics here if I wish.

there is a game for all your proposed changes and it’s called diablo iii

3 Likes

No, Diablo 3 has crap

• graphics
  • story
  • skill system
  • itemization
  • potion system

and probably other systems I’ve forgotten about because I will never revisit it. The ONLY good idea in Diablo 3 is non-greater rifts, but they scale too high (because items scale player damage way too much).

Aka you want to ruin what make D2 so good. That’s not gonna happen.

3 Likes

Exactly which changes do you think “would ruin what make D2 so good”?
You enjoy spamming baal runs?
You enjoy limited viable endgame build variety?
You enjoy having to google runewords?
Elaborate.

This is a bad idea. It’s one thing to want some minor changes for the better of the longevity of the game (i.e. quality of life) and it’s another thing to rebalance the game… You’re effectively just making a new game at that point.

1 Like

I’ve been playing Diablo 2 since i was 10yo, that’s 19 years of me playing Diablo 2 and i’ve spent countless hours on Diablo 1 also when i was even younger. I enjoy EVERY part of it.

I never found a Zod rune SOMEDAY I WILL, i never did trading, there is many items i have never seen and only heard about like Tyrael might, i have failed a ton of characters trying stuff and it overall just gave me more thing to do.

• I don’t mind spamming more Baal, i’ve did it thousands of times already

• Not everything need to be viable and there is also so few build that i really enjoy anyway.

• Googling runewords ? That didn’t even exist in my time LUL. So ya sure i love to google them now a day, that way i don’t have to grab a notepad again and write them down.

• Anyway where would you want to level ? They won’t be adding new area. So what’s the difference spamming baal run or spamming the same high level areas over and over ? None if you ask me

• Balancing gearing ? Honestly never had a problem with it

• You want to remove countess run ? Why ? I like to get my runes. How would i get my early Stealth and ect otherwise :open_mouth:

• Don’t care about the ranking in ladder so eh whatever. The only reason why i play Ladder is for the runewords like Spirit lol

• Removing respec ? No just … no. It’s totally fine. It’s also limited to 3 respec per character.

• Uncapping resistance ? No… i’d have like 100% resistance making me immune to everything from Act 1 normal till baal in hell lmao.

After that in your ‘‘Other’’ category it’s mostly stuff that would break and make the game so utterly EASY that it would be boring. Like removing immunities… That would make the game a joke to complete.

• If you don’t want to get ninja looted then play with friend only or otherwise be ready to click fast on those sweet baal drop or play solo.
  • Auto-gold pickup is a most welcome change since there is nothing more boring than picking up stack of gold. It’s also optional, so it shouldn’t hurt you in any way, shape or form. Just turn it off.
  • There is actually no usage for stats unless it’s to equip gear or to gain max blocking chance and im fine with it. Anyway it would also probably make the game easier if it gave you too much of a buff.
  • I could probably tell more. But it’s starting to get quite the wall of text and i also think i’ve told more than enough to state my opinion.

At best the only thing i’d really wish for is to be able to not have to worry about killing the damn cow king. Would make running the map so much more enjoyable. Probably Ladder runewords in singleplayers also.

In the end it’s a remaster and not a remake of the game. If they want after release to start rebalancing stuff ok fine. But if it make the game too easy peoples will leave that’s for sure. The last thing we want is Diablo 2 becoming another Diablo 3

Not everyone will agree with me, but i’ve grown up playing Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 and i cherish every frustation and fun time they’ve given me in the shape they are today. All i need is 1080p and the new gorgeous and dark graphics :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I don’t think rebalancing the game equates to making a new game. The game just becomes harder if you abuse OP stuff, and playable if you use UP stuff.

I don’t think you’re making sense. You say you enjoy every part of Diablo 2, but then you say you don’t like picking up gold and you don’t like worrying about killing the cow king. You say you don’t want changes that would make the game easier, but you don’t want to remove countess runs because you need your OP runewords.

I do agree that in general the game should not be easier, but I don’t like the disparity between OP builds and almost-impossible-to-solo (carried-by-merc) builds. Why can my cold sorc kill the prime evils but can’t kill this random cold immune zombie? Or has to keep resetting ancients until getting a group with no cold immunity? And cold sorc has it GOOD compared to a lot of others, due to built-in resistance penetration and relative lack of cold-immunes outside of act 5.

I never said that players should be able to get 100% resistance, just that it should not be hard capped. That means an item with more resistance should always give you more benefit (with some sort of diminishing returns), which I think is a common sense QOL change, but some people see it as too complicated. So maybe you could get like 90% resist if you’re really stacking it, but that would be at the cost of other things you could have. Similar to how you can currently increase the resistance cap with specific items.

I liked the game better before respec existed (and most of my time played was before that patch). Your choices of how you build your character (aka spend skill points and stat points) mattered a lot more. I’ve only seen 2 good arguments for respec:

• some builds are nearly impossible without getting carried because they need to save skill points for high-level abilities (changes to the skill tree system would fix this)
  • fixing accidental skill / stat choices (partial respecs would fix this)

For a competitive person, if auto gold pickup is allowed on ladder it is not optional. Also, I don’t think new players will properly appreciate D2 with auto gold pickup. It is part of the learning experience that picking up gold usually isn’t worth the time, compared to picking up certain items to vendor, and that gold isn’t really that valuable in the long term.

You say you are “okay with” things like baal runs and the stats system, but I think for the average player those are symptoms of an unnecessary amount of negative experiences. Baal runs in Normal and Nightmare are the result of many people considering the difficulty spike of going to the next difficulty right away to be too high; you do baal runs for ~10 levels to make the game easier, and hopefully get some gear (also to make the game easier). For stats, the average player does not know that they are wasting stat points until they look up a guide and find out that there is very little choice in the stats system.

While we’re at it, why are they making the stash bigger and cross-character? Learning how to mule is part of the learning experience.

Why are they making the graphics better? Learning to dodge with the choppy 2D graphics is part of the learning experience.

Diablo 2 wasn’t a perfect game, but the fact that it had some issues is no reason to fundamentally change the gameplay loop. Besides, the things you’re talking about aren’t even really ISSUES, they’re more like fantasies. Some of them aren’t even possible.

For example, you’re proposing that they A: “balance gearing” and B: "fix ‘features’ that promote spamming specific content. The only way to do that is to give everything an equal chance to drop every item while also having every item be equally usable.

Not only is this a terrible idea, but you ALSO want them to C: “improve drop rates of end-game gear.” How, exactly, is this possible if gear is balanced and can drop from anything? Are you proposing that characters only be able to get item drops for their class and that they all be equally usable for every build? What if your javazon only gets unique bows? How, exactly, do you want this resolved?

In a similar vein, you want them to “balance leveling” to disincentivize running specific content. In other words, you want all of the content to reward the same amount of experience for the same amount of time.

The only way to do that is to have experience linked to time logged in and nothing else. As long as experience is gained from killing things and there are places where more things can be killed, people will find a way to optimize it. That’s just how video games work.

Ultimately, your suggestions aren’t “improvements.” They’re just fundamental changes to the game, and almost all of them are found in Diablo 3, despite your apparent disdain for it.

Edit: also, if picking up gold isn’t worth it, why do you care whether or not auto gold pickup exists?

Edit 2: also also, Countess can only drop runes up to Ist, and only by a 0.1% chance, if memory serves. That’s hardly “OP runes.”

Shows blizzards true colors and how money hungry they are… not allowing d2 classic and d2 lod players to post on d2 forums is so silly… instead you have to prepurchase a game that they are basically going to butcher like warcraft3 from what it sounds like… why would I?

You lack imagination

I want gearing balanced, not gear. As in, how you acquire it, as opposed to re-killing the same boss(es) every 1-10 minutes. What does drop rates even have to do with this?

No, I don’t like character-specific drops because I want to get cool items for other builds that inspire me to roll a new character.

Again, you lack imagination.

I believe my suggestions are primarily focused on better class and rewards (gear and experience) balance, which leads to greater gameplay variety; more viable builds, less spamming of the same content. If that doesn’t sound like improvement to you, I won’t try to convince you.

Gold still has some amount of value, so it puts me at at a disadvantage to not use it. I like to control everything my character does; I don’t like things I would consider to be gameplay automation. I am also against other “QOL” suggestions like auto inventory sort

Well Ist is OP considering it is needed for best-in-slot magic find gear, but I specifically said OP runewords, in reference to someone talking about farming Countess for Stealth, which is mega-OP for speedruns and not likely to be replaced in normal difficulty. Even if you can’t get “high runes” from Countess, the ability to reliably build runewords which are roughly equivalent in power to the best uniques you can find at that point in the game is dumb.