D2 Remastered Offline Mode?

Would anyone be interested to have this option for this classic game? It only seems fitting.

4 Likes

For the majority, the game is played online anyway. I won’t bet on it being a reality with how todays games are at least requiring a connection to even start.

If a door is left open for the possibility of piracy, it will eventually happen.

D2R should definitely have an offline mode.

8 Likes

The original game has it. The remaster should have it.

Remasters shouldn’t remove features. They should have learned that from the debacle of Warcraft 3 Reforged.

9 Likes

Starcraft remastered and Wc3 reforged both have offline mode so I don’t see how it would be different in Diablo 2

3 Likes

Remaster must have off-line solo and LAN via TCP/IP no bonjour crap added. Bonjour is not an improvement. For those who play online please continue to enjoy that. I do not enjoy the b-net experience with D2-LoD. I use mods and play solo off-line and LAN. Those are the ONLY 2 modes I play. If they intend on destroying this classic game by breaking mods and forcing ONLINE ONLY, then they may as well leave it alone and go dump money and time into D4 and Immortal.

Requiring bonjour = deal breaker (no thank you).
Requiring an immediate connect to b-net servers even to play off-line/LAN = deal breaker (no thank you).

2 Likes

Don’t care. Not interested in local play myself. Especially not of I cannot use that character online. Also not if online provides interesting benefits.

This.

It would suck if they didn’t add an offline mode for D2 Remaster but I’ll be fine with the default D2.

1 Like

I would love an offline mode but unfortunately I don’t see Blizz giving us this at all in any future games regardless if they are remakes or not.

While this is not the main reason I will no longer be purchasing any new Actard (Activision/Blizzard) titles, it is a factor.

Yup, and then the game will be pirated and hacks and cheats will be all over internet ( See D3 on PS3 and Xbox 360 and even on PS4 at the beginning ). And then, there are also the legit players who bought the game but…because of naivity , they will download the said hacks just to have some fun.

Then bum, they get …infected, passwords stolen, etc and guess who will they email to “resolve this issue!!!”? Blizzard. So that means more customer support for the above problems which … it doesn’t makes sense.

I hope they will remove offline mode. I don’t wanna see youtube videos of “hacked items and 1 shot runs” in D2 ( Remastered ? ) like this D3 video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abvE1NSgEmg

There are many more, but … I just picked up the first I saw.

That would depend whether D2R is a remaster or remake.

If D2R is a remake and treated as a modern Diablo game, then I can see it will have always-online mode.

Offline mode does not lead to online cheats.
D3 console got cheats online because their online mode is not entirely online. For some crazy reason they store the savegames on the consoles.
The issue is not the offline mode.

4 Likes

If the hero data wasn’t held locally, how would you play it offline?

I meant for offline mode, obviously.

Erm no! D3 on consoles have/had offline mode.

1 Like

Talking about the online characters obviously.
As said, the online mode is not entirely online.

Why does it matter if people cheat in the offline mode? Won’t affect anyone but themselves.

Yes, but again, that is not the reason you can cheat online.

1 Like

Sorry, I was going by the thread title being about an offline mode…

1 Like

Yeah, but I was responding to a post about offline mode leading to cheats on console. Which is not due to offline mode.
Just an incredibly badly implemented online mode.

1 Like

People,

Please stop thinking everyone who plays or wants to play off-line is looking to cheat.

Off-line mode:

• lag free
  • spam free
  • idiot free
  • troll free
  • greedy @## R-tard free
  • server maintenance free
  • ladder and ladder reset free
  • play when and where I want regardless of internet access

If you like playing on b-net servers please continue to enjoy that. Just don’t get in the way of my fun while you are having yours.

12 Likes

As Shadout said, having offline doesn’t lead to cheating. The reason why consoles had an issue is because they stored character data on the console itself to let you play a character both offline and online.

D2R should do what D2 did and keep them separated(at least for closed bnet, though I don’t see much of a need for open bnet), so you can’t play your offline character in the online mode.

If somebody wants to cheat in their offline singleplayer mode on a character they can’t take into online, that’s completely on them.

Absolutely nobody should care about that.

3 Likes

Heck, that isn’t even the reason afaik. They do have separate characters on console. You can’t play season characters offline (correct me if wrong), yet they are still stored on the console. Just seems like a big brain-fart.