D2 reimagined in Grim Dawn: Reign of Terror

On and off since X-Mas eve 2020, I’ve been playing the mod that recreates Diablo 2 and its campaigns and such within Grim Dawn. So far, I completed the campaign in normal-Veteran, Nightmare, and am currently in Hell mode. It is a challenge indeed and the work done on visuals and such within these realms/worlds is very impressive.

An interesting aspect is in the class section/selection.
D2 classes: Amazon, Assassin, Barbarian, Druid, classic Necromancer, Paladin, Sorceress

These can be combined in hybrid classes with the Grim Dawn Classes:
Arcanist, Demolitionist, Nightblade, Occultist, Shaman, Soldier, Inquisitor, Necromancer and Oathkeeper.

Or you can have two D2 class hybrids like a Necro/Druid or an Assassin Sorcerer as examples. These options allow for some really unique and creative builds.

+So… are there D2 or D3 players here playing this?
+Anyone here interested in teaming up? (I’m at 76 with one character and lower with 2 other characters)

Note:
-There are unlimited character slots!
-Expanded stash spaces, including a separate “shared” stash to move items between any of your characters.

Also, there is a process to download and set up this D2 mod to function in Grim Dawn. These Reign of Terror characters cannot be used in regular GD otherwise you will lose them.

The Mod itself is totally free but you have to own Grim Dawn content. I got them on Steam on sale.

Here’s an FAQ page: xxxs://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/mod-reign-of-terror/35347

Note: I have no affiliation with either GD or RoT.

2 Likes

Wow, can’t believe people ignored your post. This mod is better done than D2R itself! That’s just my opinion of course, but after playing both for about 50 hours, the winner for me is very clear. The mod is hard enough if you start on Normal +. I think it’s significantly more challenging than D2 vanilla and D2R.

I’d love to team up if you are still into it.

1 Like

Oops. Just saw this. Absolutely I’d team up!

I also started the original Grim Dawn recently and have a character leveling up there as well.

In D2R, I have one of every character. My highest is a Sorceress who is at level 60 in Hell mode. Quite challenging there… and crazy challenging in RoT as well. Enemies have so many resistances and are painfully powerful.