Curses for Xbox: you can do it!

Hey, I don’t usually post on the forums, and I’m a total lurker, but I’ve been reliably doing curses on xbox for a few years now and I wanted to try to help out anyone having trouble. One of our group did post a video a year or so ago specifically with our builds. We have made some updates to our play style since then. For anyone who’s had trouble in the past, I think this season will be an especially good time to try it out again, as the single upgrade to a shard in the helm will help give you the benefit of both the diamond and the topaz gem effects. The problem with curses on console is the spawn rate on the enemies. Initially, I thought this could be solved with high CDR and that was the route we took, but I found that just created a resource problem towards the end of the chest event and my attack rate fell off just when the enemies were at their highest spawn. It does seem to ramp up significantly within the last 10 seconds or so of the event.

At any rate, I play demon hunter, and use UE multishot for this conquest and stars align. BUT, I wanted to add the adjustments that I make, because they differ from the typical builds. In other seasons I put a flawless royal topaz for resource cost reduction in my helm. This season I used an upgraded sliver of terror. I put all the paragon points I can into attack speed, cooldown reduction and resource cost reduction- those should be your priority stats for the challenge. I change out the rune on multishot to fire at will, for the resource cost reduction. I change the preparation rune to punishment and the companion to bat companion. This will give you 2 hatred “potions” to use during the event. I find I often do not need them unless my attack speed is very high. I use the passive blood vengeance for the hatred increase. Don’t bother to flip around for the health globes, that just kills your attack rate. Stay still for the whole event and make sure you’re always pointed towards the chest. The goal with the UE build is to hit vengeance and then just channel multishot for the duration of the event pretty much the entire time. You should have a dawn in the cube so that you’ll be able to hit vengeance at least 1 additional time during the event to keep the hatred regen up from the seethe rune. I position myself in the lower to mid right corner of the hilltop for the cursed peat.

It is very helpful to have a monk around, because their mantra of retribution provides an additional 10% buff to attack speed, especially if you’re struggling to get from the 315 or so to 350 enemy kill range. I think the most we’ve gotten as a 3 person group with 1 monk and 2 DH was close to 400, so it is very possible. There is a radius for the mantra, so we tend to position a monk in the center and you can check your sheet to make sure you’re getting the attack speed buff. You can see when you get to far away and it falls off. This season with the sliver of terror and some good rolls on attack speed, my attack speed increase was 52%. This was actually a bit high as it required me to hit my preparation and bat twice each during the event, whereas usually I can just coast. I think a comfortable attack speed increased is probably something between 35 and 45%. The sliver of terror does hurt my cooldowns, so for this challenge if you don’t have the benefit of the essence of anguish CDR from poison damage, then swap out for a different upgraded shard. The key is getting the secondary benefit of the 12-15% CDR and RCR. You shouldn’t need to worry about damage to enemies at T10 if you’re fully geared up. Gear that can roll attack speed: rings, amulet, gloves, weapon and off hand. I usually get my other challenges out of the way before I nerf my gear for this, or just use any extra rings, etc so I don’t kill a good ancient. We did this for the current season I think on day 2 or 3, so you do not have to have optimized gear. The difficulty comes from balancing the CDR, RCR and attack speed. I’ll have to start keeping better track to see where the goldilocks zone lies. Anyway, hope that helps. Good luck! You can do it!

Here’s the video link from my teammate of our season 20 run:

I’m happy to help out if anyone has questions. I am terrible at prompt message response on the Xbox chat thingy, but if you do message me and are persistent (and I’m not helping my group out,) I can likely come in to assist. My gamertag is Corporea1

4 Likes

nice video, thanks for sharing. I’m not an xbox player (playstation for me) but I thought it was pretty helpful.

I have another trick that seems to help (getting a shrine/pylon buff) before starting. So what i do is check for the chest and reset until it pops up (usually 73 to 133 resets), once i got the chest - i start searching the zone for the power up shrines/pylons and use the flavor of time and worshipper gloves. You can really get decked out in buffs with those 2 items equip’d.

If that fails, i just ask “Behind Times” to give me a hand and he can pull off 350+ nearly solo with his monk or demon hunter builds.

For Curses solo, if going UE:

https://i.imgur.com/xoFrb8h.png

You’ll want to be in the green square, and aim slightly below the chest. Provided you can keep hatred the entire time, you should hit 350.

(And yes, this is a PC screenshot, just easier to get a capture on the PC than the consoles for me. But it works on the console for solo Curses/Stars Aligned).

1 Like

Since Inna’s is the top build of season 25 it’s basically roll face on every and all content you do.

Inna doesn’t work for this since water allies is bug and drop out without rhyme or reason.

Most I was able to kill with Inna was 248.

Just have to wait until Monday to start a Hardcore character.

Conquests are NOT console friendly this season. The 3rd conquest is the ONLY one left to do to get the final pet and port.

grats Hebarb. Yeah oddly enough for me the conquests were easy but i did most of them on hardcore, the little pet is pretty cool. He flexes and breathes fire

You must be bad then as I was able to to it last season with Innas but haven’t got that far yet this season.

I just tried a proof of concept with DH (off season) and I had a pretty gank build and I was able to do 301 kills. So I think that is the way to go. I created a Seasonal DH (I never play this class) so I am going to level them up, learn how to play and create the UE multishot and hope for the best!

Is it possible for Shadow Impale to do this, with the shard that causes death explosions? Or do you have to use UE?

You need some for of multishot, be it UE or Mauraders for a DH. Crusader also has a build which can clear it.

Thanks.

Marauder is dead for me as the set simply fails to do anything for me right now (posted to the Bug section for why) and UE is sort of boring me as its what I usually play when I do DH.

Oh well. I was really hoping it could be done with a more interesting build.

I forgot to add, socketing a gogok of swiftness, even at rank zero, can also boost your attack speed. It’s a good one to use for this challenge. Good luck!

1 Like

I was finally able to do this. Thanks to the tips from this thread. The keys were attack speed and resource reduction. I ended up with almost 370 kills solo on PS4. On PC that would be like 470 kills solo. Gave or take.

This is the 1st time I have ever been able to do this conquest. So if I could do it anyone can.

I can post the build if anyone needs the help. Let me know.

2 Likes

please do! I think it would be helpful

The Gear is the same as the UE Multishot Demon Hunter as posted on the maxroll.gg/guides/ue-multishot-demon-hunter-guide

What I tweaked was the skills and gems

Here is what I changed:

Main Skills - keep them the same except make the following changes:

Preparation – Punishment

Companion – Bat Companion

Passive skills – lots of changes here, you will need to change 3 of them

Blood Vengeance

Archery

Ambush

Ballistics

Gems:

Legendary Gems – all should be 25 or above, Gogok is ok to have at 25. Bane is ok to have to just so it stays up long enough to complete the event, and with Zei the higher the better but you don’t need to go too crazy since it is overkill after a while for this event.

Gogok of Swiftness - This one was only at 25 for me but of course you can go higher if you want

Zei’s Stone of Vengeance – the more the better since you will be standing far away. I had it at 80

Bane of the Powerful – level this one up so it bonus stays up the entire time of the event. I had it at 70.

Soul Shards – Please level them both to 3

Essence of Anguish – weapon

Shard of Hatred - Helm

Find the Cursed Peat event chest, it doesn’t have to be the actual bounty, since the bounty is extremely rare, but the chest is not as rare as you think, just learn the map and look for it, know when to stop looking and try again.

This is an idiot proof set-up, so it is hatred overload, you will never come close to running out! I have over well over 800 paragon but that might be overkill. Just max out the most important ones for attack speed and resources. For Multishot, make sure you select Arsenal, since that one has a better spread, and the missiles kill any random spawns that pop up next to you. Once you find the chest, DO NOT START the event. Go and find a Frenzied Shrine. You will need the one, but Empowered Shrine doesn’t hurt as well, but is not needed. Make sure that your follower as the Gloves of Worship so that this effect last a whole 10 minutes, so no need to rush, take your time and get that Frenzied Shrine! If you are lucky, you will get it on the same map, if not you will need to visit maps that tend to spawn shrines and keep looking until you get one. Right before you start the chest kill an elite or blue pack or goblin to activate the Bane gem and you are good to go.

After clicking on the chest, stand at the far side of the hill, on the right side in the middle and start blasting Multishot, just hold down the button and don’t let go until it is over. For me, I put multishot on the R2 trigger (PS4) that made it easy for me to hold it down and then use my thumb to click the other buttons to keep up my hatred as needed with ease. Make sure that you AIM with the left analog stick! Just point forward toward the direction of the chest but it doesn’t have to be at the chest. If you do not do this, you may end up turning, to be extra safe kill all enemies surrounding the hill so that you can keep track of the kill count better. Again, this is a idiot proof way of getting it, it might be overkill but you will get it with ease you don’t need to stand in a special spot other than where I said on top but even if you are off a touch you will still beat it!

1 Like

nice, thanks for the write up.

on a side note, I did this on the pc version with the default wizard gift set and i got 437. It seems stuff is much easier on pc (just wish i could use my ps5 controller for d3) hah. I love mouse/keyboard for first person shooters but it sucks w d3 style games.

1 Like

interesting, I’ve always fired due Left. Will try your suggestion this season BT, your suggestions are always spot on for me. You are a highly valued player imho.

DPS isn’t the issue here. AD/AOE helps, but this conquest is limited by reduced wave spawn rates (vs PC) and mobs per wave.

Hebarb, happy to help with UE MS playstyle if you want. Let me know and I’ll send you my PSN.

NO.

The problem with gogok is that it adds to IAS, and more IAS burns hatred quicker. IAS is VERY bad with UE MS. AD is typically more effective, but doesn’t really help with this conquest, since it is limited by wave/mob spawn rates.

congrats!!!

yes, it is day and night difference on PC. This is what experienced console players have been saying for MANY seasons. MANY.

Here is my s21 clear (solo) and I have pinned a comment with the changes that I made to my UE MS build to get it to work.

Due to the variabilities in RNG regarding spawn rates, it will take several attempts to get it done. So that means a lot of cursed peat farming…which is NOT fun.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, very nice!

1 Like

hopefully the video helps others.

This is the only thing I have left this season. If anyone can help me out please let me know.