Curses conquest suggestion (PS4)

Dear Blizzard,

Please fix the cursed peat chest on console - the wave spawn rate and mobs per wave is much lower than on PC, and it is near impossible to do solo, even with a high spec UE MS DH.

I’ve spent near 2 days on farming this crap, and the best I have managed is 346 kills (followed by 345 kills 3 times, averaging around the 335 mark most runs).

I’m a highly experienced DH and this conquest should be doable as a solo player on consoles, as it is on the PC version of the game. If it’s a frame rate issue, then lower the total for the console version of the game so that frame for frame, it has the same ease of difficulty as the PC version of the game.

Stop being lazy with your very poorly executed port of D3 to the console platforms.

yours sincerely,

A very annoyed player who is losing his patience at your incompetence.

10 Likes

I think Boss Mode, Dynasty and Years of war is easier to accomplish solo. Some seasons ago Curses was bugged on console and i’m not sure if it’s fixed.

1 Like

forget the curses both on xbox or ps4,it’s undoable,take the boss mode(monk should be the best),or master 8 set dungeon…=.=*,(well,at least all 4 set dungeon for necro is a piece of cake…

1 Like

yup kill 20 boss or Gr55 with 6sets is way easier than this 350 mops kills it is just a matter of time for 6 sets if you have resources to spare should be quick

if you insist on this 350 try M6 MS you have way better hit rate if you can hit 300+ with UE you should get it with M6 MS fire rune

1 Like

Long since done boss mode (rank 18 for that conquest) - in just over 16 minutes too (was flying and guessed adria and urzael right, had a really easy run to arachne too).

I’ve already done 5 sets to GR55 (n6, m6, ue, s6 and ht wd). Plan to do arachys set next, but mats…stuff isn’t dropping and after 2 days of farming for arachys build gear and nothing dropped from mobs, cube, kadala etc…very frustrating. s20 has been the worst for drops and gear for me - I had bad seasons in s17/s18, but this season takes the cake.

I’m also a completionist and like to do as much of the conquests as possible for the season challenges LB (was rank 7 the last time I looked, but have prolly slipped as group players get it easy with mats and curses conquest…). it ain’t a challenge, or skillful doing the curses conquest in a 3 or 4 man group…

Long since done. I hate set dungeons, they absolutely should be removed from the game imho.

See my response above to Omplich Teresa.

I did try UE + sentry and bombardier’s ruck but it’s even slower. The m6 set offers no advantage over my current UE sentry hybrid that I tested - dps isn’t an issue on t10 with the build. RCR and CDR aren’t an issue - the former doesn’t pretty much drop at all (80% + RCR!), CDR has a 1.5 second window of downtime that at the moment, I cannot avoid - ideally I’d want a ring or amulet with both RCR and CDR, but when the game has only given you a single focus and single restraint ring in constant play (I’ve had like 20 natalya’s rings, 6 or so compass rose rings in the same time period).

I cannot see anywhere where vengeance affects IAS/aps per frame rate - it seems to only increase dmg, buff toughness with the appropriate rune and fire off random rockets at nearby targets from what I can see. So, even without vengeance, I’m one shotting mobs in the event. i will admit that it visually feels like my fire rate without vengeance is slower than with it active, but I don’t know if this is a visual or not and doesn’t affect actual aps timing.

Having watched a bunch of videos on youtube for the curses conquest on PC, most of the successful attempts that I see are hitting 100 kills by midway and still easily clearing the 350 kill requirement by the end of the timer. I’m like at 120+ kills at midway, and failing…so something is very very fishy with the wave/mob spawn rate for this event on the console version of the game.

It is doable - presuming that the wave/mob spawn rate is variable and I haven’t had a “good” variable rate happen yet. I’ve seen a solo cru (blessed hammer) do it on ps4, with 500 odd kills, so it is doable. WOL monk seems the best next bet after that, but many seem to fall short with around 320 kills, so worse than my UE MS build. I’ve seen a few WW barbs try it too, but they have all failed, similar to WOL monk. I don’t feel like rolling up a cru and then frigging with the game’s RNG to get the right gear for a cru blessed hammer build to test. UE MS has one of the best AOE in the game, and if it can’t do it…

I’ve tried various placement locations, based on videos from other PC players, and they’ve all be consistently worse than with the location that I am using just based on my own observations.

One thing I’ve noticed is that MS seems to have a smaller area range on console than the PC version of the game (as well as waves/mobs seem to spawn slower too), so it’s a double whammy for us console players, making this conquest all but near impossible.

Come on Blizzard, look at this issue and address and fix it please. Show that you value console players - we’re #88 on PS4 most popular games with 5 million + players globally according to stats I’ve seen. That’s a sizeable chunk of players who’ve bought the game for the consoles and we should be treated with respect as customers and not ignored and swept under the carpet with preference given to the PC elite…

6 Likes

Is the problem due to using MS fire rune…homing missle passive might help since you are actually 1 shot stuffs in TX

I dun want to boost but before M6/UE even got buff the first curse event in console I only gotten it by M6 MS be it UE even monk fire WOL is having problem as mention due to consoles mops spawning late & our density is a joke to begin with…

Why I mention M6 because SENTRIES fire missle so you sometimes fire homing missle while sentries fire at nearby missles at mops so yr 5 entries planting is forming a circle

you need those missle to hit UNSPAWN or going to spawn mops instead of your actual.

One more logic be it 5million or what this season 20 PS4 we are at only 100K+ players TOTAL combine HC & SC players playing so be it you start at lvl1 with mule account or you make 2 accounts one SC or HC means total 3 players log in yup the total for PS4 COMBINE is 100K+ during S10 consoles we start at 1Million+ less than 1 week

PS4 sales never even hit 2 or 3 million mark from what I recall btw FYI JUST OW PS4 sales is the total COMBINE of ps3/xb360/ps4/xb1 D3 sales & yup OW is selling way more copies still & I have not include OW Xb1 sales yet

1 Like

I’m using arsenal passive, yes. Need to use it to have MS work as a fire based skill to get the cindercoat DPS and RCR bonus…

yeah, brain fart at my end on m6 - I thought that just using sentries and bombardier’s would trigger sentries to fire MS when I do, but that is not the case. Pity I salvaged all of my m6 set pieces :frowning: I might try and find them again and re-test with m6 down the track.

Not according to the data I’ve seen - 5.5 million sales, PS4 ONLY. Not inclusive of PS3 or XBOX sales. I guess only Sony or Blizzard could confirm…remember, number of sales does not equal number of players currently active!

I am coming close to getting this - I average around 335 kills, top kill of 346, then 345 (3 times) and 344 once. So, I am not far off. Testing various locations to stand at multiple times have led me to believe that my normal standing location is the best suited for the attaining the most kills.

My concern is that MS does not cover the entire platform area where mobs spawn from the cursed chest, so I am immediately losing kill numbers there. Unfortunately, moving around to extend MS means you are missing kills due to moving and that does more damage to your kill streak than just standing still and missing a few mobs at the extreme edge of the MS range.

I’ve probably done closer to 500 runs already, with the actual event triggering around 20 odd times (it really is a very annoyingly low spawn rate). I wish Blizzard would buff spawn waves/mob rates for several other cursed chests in the game to give some variety. Farming paths of the drowned for the cursed peat is a massive time sink and to be quite frank, utterly annoying. RNG is a massive issue with this conquest, more so than the actual skill required to get the right combination of gear and skills to achieve it…

I am confident that given enough time, I will eventually achieve this conquest solo in s20. But, for now, I will focus on other aspects of the game, or try and get a 4 man group running to complete it.

1 Like

this season is way easier moreover just TX

cube Dawn, RoRg , rucksack, not needed but anything that helps cindercoat or the helm that reduce 30% RCR if not hit.

seriously you dun really need DML since everything is one shot. this is what is MUST IMO

Passive Ambush, Awareness, Custom engineer

Equip Yangs, M6, Crimson, Lgem swiftness you need IAS & CDR,

dun bother about FnR rings use Compass set, the reason is keep spamming MS through out the whole time.

dun forgot if you are wearing M6 meaning more CDR you get extra hate resources & 15% Dmg in the whole entire time you can spam MS entirely or just reset your movement speed to extra hated in paragon

I think you get the challenge in no time … mark my words good luck :wink:

1 Like

I have pride’s fall cubed instead of my usual visage of gunes (and rucksack).

If I’m focusing on UE MS, which I am not. I have 2 builds (I don’t use the game’s armory as it’s way too buggy for my liking) - UE MS for gold/DBs/key farming and s6 impale for actual pushing.

Not running out of hatred and can spam MS for the entirety of the chest’s mob spawning duration. Since I’m typically farming only T13 for keys etc, I’m not fussed with optimising DPS as a rule. If I get more ancients during the season, then I push to T14 or T15, but that depends on luck during the season. s18 I was farming T15 by mid season comfortably with my setup.

Already spamming MS, even with the non-optimised UE MS build that I normally use that has much lower RCR than the cursed chest sub-build that I’m temporarily using.

You’d be rather happy with my efforts Teresa - do you remember that first HC lvl up that you helped me with some gear etc and I died and you lost all the gear that you lent me? Last season, I did HC and ended up finishing rank 4 with a 119 clear, only beaten by group players with much higher paragon than me (119 clear with p1050). I’ve come a long way since those early days!

I never see you only anymore, I guess you’re like me, set to invisible mode and doing solo play. Would be great to catch up again one day! I’m hoping to tee up some game play with homerjnick over the weekend and have a catch up and good chat and laugh with him. Great guy, a lot of fun to play with and a terribly good D3 player to boot. Need to catch up with Eddie too, another great guy that I met via these forums all of those years ago.

1 Like

err… seriously I have no idea if the person is me but I do help out as much as I can when I am running D3 with the group I am close with… especially end of season since I do not play NS I mostly sent perfect primal I never ever salvage them till date dun really need FS when I am running D3.

err btw I stop playing D3 since S14 or 15 so that is why I think you mistake me for someone else LOL if I am playing Season I dun really care about LB I ONLY push M6 & rolands all season yes even if my S6 does GR150 & M6 can only do Gr10 solo I am always active playing M6 or rolands 95% same like you for T13 I use UE MS only & speed GR for paragons

but I am playing this season 20 surprising but only because I am waiting for the good games to be out than I log off to the new games already…

the group I used to play with, I dun think they even play D3 any more but they sure are active in other games :slight_smile:

1 Like

it is, trust me. See if you have “sparksflyswifty” on your friends list :stuck_out_tongue:

you helped me with a cru invoker build back in the day…

this is well before s10…but that explains why I’ve never seen you online in D3 for a long time…

1 Like

ya he is on my friend list LOL btw if it is Cru INV I learn everything from someone forgot his nick… So if I teach/told anyone is because of him… dun want to take credit for it

He taught me everything about INV trust me I hate that build played the least in my crusader career

yup miss those days when everyone is active even we dun have seasons

1 Like

so frustrating… i got 348 kills on the multi shot hunter once… gah! if i wouldnt have run out of hate 3 times during the chest, i bet i would have done it… i wish multishot would allow you to keep the firing rate up when you add an elusive shot in between randomly…

any trick to have unlimited (or faster regen of haterd)? Maybe another demon hunter multi with me can pull out that extra 2 kills? I took a wizard with me and we got 346 kills once when went down hill from there

Pride’s Fall, Yang’s, Dawn and Vengeance with OrotZ and it’s nearly impossible to run out of ressource. How much AS you have?

1 Like

I dont know what you are talking about when you say “OrotZ” and “AS”

Sorry, im an old fart and I need everything clearly spelled out so I understand, I do have pride’s fall in my cube, with a dawn and I do have the Yang’s bow with 46% resource reduction (its just a normal yang’s not even and ancient) but it does have a slot so i added the 130% crit gem to it. My vengeance ability is 100% uptime.

well, that’s me :stuck_out_tongue:

I got 348 kills earlier tonight, just, just, just missed out. Kicking myself too, cos I was late re-enabling vengeance by a second and that probably cost me the conquest.

I have RCR on both rings, quiver, yangs (obviously), gloves and shoulders. hatred is not an issue. I have CDR on yangs and amulet. I haven’t rolled max on either CDR roll cos I ran out of mats…it’s been a tough season start so far with the crappy conquest choices Blizzard gave us…

orotz - obsidian ring of the zodiac

AS - attack speed (commonly called “IAS”)

at tx (torment 10), dmg is not an issue with UE MS as the set bonuses are high enough to still one shot everything even with rolling off damage rolls on your gear for RCR or CDR. Note: RCR = resource cost reduction and CDR = cooldown reduction.

are you on PC or ps4?

1 Like

I’m on a ps4 (pro actually), gah… I thought ill use the gloves of the worshipper (10 minute shrine) and I got the curse peat up on my quest log (wahoo), i spent over 20 minutes going thru all the map/zones until i found the shrine of empower (unlimited resources ect). I was able to completely spam (non stop) stuff died as soon as it spawned in (never stopped firing) and i had 349 kills!! WHAT the #&^$#@( gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cheating @ss game!!!

i guess i need to have another multishot person with me and hope we can get a lucky spawn of waves

I’ve watched a video (it was a pc guy) who just sat in the bottom left corner of the area and didnt move or anything and had 387 kills. Do the pc players get an unfair advantage there too? He said this is the easiest conquest to complete and if you are really bad you still still get 354 without even any gear…

@T[quote=“Taetew-1962, post:17, topic:14342, full:true”]
i guess i need to have another multishot person with me and hope we can get a lucky spawn of waves
[/quote]

Try M6 MS you have 5 more players co op with you :stuck_out_tongue:

guess what consoles have lesser density n we need NG to maintain

1 Like

Pls don’t keep trying and waste ur time on this crap conquest(console) again,i even did a test in t16(9million dps multishot),348 killed…it’s not about dmg.if anyone need 3 conquest,boss mode+6 set GR55+soloGR75 is the only way…

1 Like