Cursed events - Bounties

I dont know whether it is intended or not and even if it is intended, i think it should be changed.

https://ibb.co/wpy4T19

https://ibb.co/t8VNRDH

https://ibb.co/3C9xBNs

I haven’t got a screenshot about that shrine event, but i guess it works similar.

Problem:

With a boon of the hoarder equipped (gold gem), naturally spawned monsters do not drop gold, items or materials on death.

If you equip “Nemesis Bracers” and avtivate the shrines in the bounty area, a pack spawns and it allways drop the basic stuff, but every naturally spawned monster doesn’t drop anything.

Again… maybe this is intended, but i think it should be the other way anyway.

In general, If you do 25 bounties solo or do it in the group, you have your goldwrap equipped and are dependet on that armor/gold increase. When you enter this area, kill normal monsters and don’t have that goldwrap buff active it can turn into a very dangerous situation.

Hardcore players shouldn’t suffer a death or a proc when they farm with billions of toughness and lose their toughness withing seconds cause no mob drops everything.

This has been a in the game for years i guess, but thought it would be fair and necessary to bring it into a bug report.

My suggestion: Every monster inside these areas should have a normal loot behaviour.

Greetings!

1 Like

The mobs in there spawn infinitely until you complete the objectives.

There is no way they are going to change this.

You could essentially farm completely afk with a thorns or pet build and collect infinite loot/gold if this was how it worked.

Thanks for the reply and indeed an interesting thought i didn’t think of at that time.

I just logged in and tested it and you were wrong., There is a limit of natural respawns in these areas. This also includes the summoner-spawns.

The Crawler bounty spawns about 30/40 maybe, slightly more if you really want to force it, until you reach the point where the big yellow one spawns.

The shrine event spawns about 240 amybe until nothing respawns.

The shaman bounty also has a cap. After about 10 spawns of each shaman, you reach the cap.

So… as you see, there is no infinite spawn in any of the cursed events.

I guess, you just brought up the fact without having any of these tested yourself, but doesn’t matter at this point, because i did now.

So…having this tested, i want to repeat my concern about this.

I think, all mobs in these cursed events should drop from the general loot table. They should get the normal loot behaviour to make these quests a tiny bit more rewarding.
At least let the very first spawn of the mobs drop gold.

Especially for hardcore players it should be worth to think about it.

Greetings! :blush:

This is not a bug. It is a suggestion. Most of the loot you get from Cursed Events come from the Resplendent Chest when completed. If you complete it within the time limit you get 2 Resplendent Chests.

You should move this thread to the General Discussion Forum. (It will likely be ignored by Blizzard’s QA Team).

Moving Threads

1. Click the pencil icon to edit your OP.
  2. Click the “Category” field to bring up a list of D3 Forums.
  3. Find the proper Forum and select it.
  4. Save your edit.

This will move your thread to the selected Forum, including all replies. (See image below).

If it is intended, a blue written individual can redirect it to the correct forum.

If it is a bug, that hasn’t been addressed yet, cause it never got reported, this is the right forum.
So if YOU aren’t a technical support-guy from Blizzard, you can’t be 100% sure.
If you are sure, then please leave the blue answer on this issue and i would be pleased to read it.

Peace :blush:

Bounties have a max difficulty of T16. If you are having trouble staying alive at that difficulty without use of Goldwrap, you are doing something wrong. Having a gearcheck mechanism in game isn’t a bug. Fix your character before blaming the game.

Come on dude… do you really need to play the King Advisor?

The best and fastest way to play outside of GR is to lower toughness, stack attackspeed and dmg, equip gold ring+gold gem and blast off. Period!

Every little place of the game gets destroyed easily and aswell those cused areas…
No cry thread, just a suggestion/bug thought i had.

There is no need to discuss the toughness side in this game. I mean, these bounties are part of a complete bounty run and to reach these places you generally move through the area and enter this portal.

No problems, eeasy as everything, but dropping from 20billion toughness to 50k toughness in 5 seconds can hurt.
Not in softcore, but in hardcore and thats why i brought this discussion/bug report up.

Jesus…do i really need to explain it any further?

I don’t care if you have 700, toughness in your basic rift layout, but in the open adventure world, you have a different gear setup, if you wanna do it right.

These areas are the only exception, loot/challenge wise, thats my intention of this thread.

1 Like

This is not a suggestion forum. This is a bug report forum. Not a bug. If you want to pose a suggestion, its better suited in the General Forums. Blues will basically never post here (unless its something super serious which is extremely rare). The best you can do is make your “report” and leave it at that. We respond here because half of the posts here are not bugs but user error and helping out those that didn’t know to “know”. We arn’t blues (or green) and we dont work in any tech support capacity. (I’m just a player of the game).

As stated, relying only on the Goldwrap for toughness is doing it wrong. The buff is too short to be reliable outside of having a max rank boon and even then, a lull in enemies can have the effect drop. Plus remember that each gold stack is technically its own buff.

As you wish: