Cube isny working

Cube still isnt working. Ive lost five items now during conversion. Started 3 days ago after my 2nd toon hit 70. On extraction zilch happens. Makes it impossible to get achievement, and is wholelly annoying trying to build toon strength.

Care to elaborate? What you said doesn’t help anything in figuring out what your problem is, or what you’re trying to achieve with the cube.

First, are you a console player? Can’t find any chars in your profile, so asking. If so, this is a bug forum for pc. Not many people can help you or even understand what you’re going through. There is a different bug forum for console. Use that.

If you’re a pc player, what are you trying to achieve with your cube? Cube has several functions. Are you saying you’re trying to use convert set item fuction? When you say ‘zilch’, what do you mean by it? Use proper English, please. If you mean ‘nothing/zero’, in what way? Did the item disappear? Or are you saying you’re getting the same item?

And what achievement?

pictures ? I love pictures… do you happen to have a screenshot of the cube before you hit TRANSMUTE ?

If so, post a link to your screenshot(s) :

• upload your screenshot to an image hosting website (such as imgur.com),
  • provide the link to that screenshot in your text as you would normally,
  • highlight the entire link, and
  • click on the </> button on the formatting bar at the top of the reply window.

That will convert your link to preformatted text and will make it acceptable to the forum software. The link will not be clickable but we’ll be able to copy-paste it in our browser.

I was led to bug report in general, didnt realize there was a console as well. Yes, im on ps4. The kanais cube isnt transmuting (converting) items now. It worked fine for my first lvl 70, yet despite my being sure to grab the cube for my 2nd toon, its stopped period. Itll alow you to transmute it, but the power wont show/equip. Just a waste of legendary now. Since it wont do its job im both stuck unable to complete a season quest ad unable to strengthen toons through the cubes abilities. I restarted the console when this happened to no effect. Hate to reinstall at this point too…

Not a bug. The cube only shows powers that are applicable to your current class, but you can always extract powers of any classes if the powers are extractable.

4 Likes

Neither is your spell checker.

Maskraider explained why some extracted powers cannot be selected in the cube for some classes (e.g. if you extracted a quiver, you couldn’t use the power on a wizard, etc).

However, even if the power can’t be utilised, the two seasonal tasks that require you to do a certain number of extractions track these. For example, if you open the Season Journey window and look at the Guardian section’s “Level 40 Seasonal Cubist” it will show an X/40 count and progress bar, showing how close to completion you are.

1 Like

Thanks mask. I thought being rings it wouldnt matter on class ability. It def clears that up. And , don, you know where to stick your spellchecker. Troll.

2 Likes

Correct. You can view this on PS4 and it does work. I’ve long since done the season journey (I’m also on PS4).

And, as maskedraider correctly said, you can extract any legendary item, but only items that are usable by your character class can be selected in legendary powers and assigned to your cube slot.

Also note (and no one else has mentioned this) that ONLY legendary items with “orange unique ability text” can be extracted. Normal legendary items without orange text cannot be extracted.

Thanks again you two. Ill have to find a ring it will allow me to equip.

1 Like

you’re on PS4. Are you playing SC or HC seasonal, or non seasonal (SC or HC again)? I can assist with both seasonal and NS and HC and SC in both modes.

What character class are you playing?

PSN sparksflyswifty

note, I’m in Aussieland, East Coast, so there’s prolly a time difference between where you live and me, so it may be difficult to tee up playing times.

I did mentioned “… if the powers are extractable”. :slight_smile:

Not all legendary (orange text) powers are extractable. Whether a power is extractable is indicated by the diamond icon.

For those who don’t know what is “extractable”, you are welcome to read the section “Meaning of Diamond Icons on Item Detail Sheet” in this wiki:

I know, but it doesn’t help to say it again!

Just want to clarify that items with orange legendary powers can be non-extractable.

And put up an advertisement of the wiki. :slight_smile:

1 Like

How to Extract and Equip Legendary Powers

1. Access Kanai’s Cube
  2. Click the Recipe button to the right of the Transmute button.

1. Page 1, the Archive of Tal Rasha, is the Recipe for extracting Powers.
  2. Click the Fill button to add the appropriate Mats.

1. Right-click the item in your Inventory to place it in Kanai's Cube.

1. Click the Transmute button to extract the item's Power.

1. Click on the appropriate Cube Slot and turn to the Page that lists the extracted Power.

1. Click the Power you wish to equip.

Any Class can extract any Power. But, some Powers cannot be equipped by all Classes. If the Class that extracts the Power cannot find it in the Cube, then it is a Class-specific Power. Your current Character will not have it in their Cube.

If you find another Legendary item with a Power you wish to extract, you can easily tell if it has already been extracted. Just look at the bullet next to its Legendary Power.

D3꞉RoS - Checking Legendary Power Bullets

Open bullet = Power has not been extracted.
Solid yellow bullet = Power has been extracted.
Solid orange bullet = Power cannot be extracted.

Safe Journey and good hunting!  

2 Likes

Ty all, but masked nailed it. Wrong power for my necro class, thus it wouldnt equip. Im still learning as i go.