Crusader w/ Stone Gauntlets Sometimes Freezing After Shield Glare And Then Unable To Attack

Hello, first time playing Crusader in a long time and just starting out this season but I seem to be experiencing a bug. It’s not consistent as I can Shield Glare multiple times without it happening but can occur multiple times a floor. Also seems to be tied to Stone Gauntlets as running without them in the cube causes no issues.

Sometimes after casting Shield Glare my character just freezes in the Shield Glare pose for 1-2 seconds, unable to move. Then sometimes after I regain control of my character again I can move but I can’t attack anything or interact with objects for 3-5 seconds.

I made a quick recording showing it here.

Let’s ask the obvious first: do you have any form of CC immunity? Stone Gauntlets have a negative side effect which must be negated with CC immunity.

At least on the video Akarat’s Champion isn’t active.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t the stacks from the gauntlet have to reach 5 first? Was at 1 when I couldn’t move at first and then 2 and 3 when I couldn’t attack but could move.

Stone Gauntlets

Getting hit increases your armor by 50%, but reduces your movement speed by 15% and attack speed by 20%. This effect stacks up to 5 times.

So, at three stacks (about 7 or 8 seconds into your video) that means movement speed would be reduced by 45% and attack speed reduced by 60%.

This is why when using the gauntlets you need to counteract the negative effects by…

1. Wearing / cubing the Ice Climber boots
  2. Using a rank 25+ Invigorating Gemstone
  3. Maintaining 100% up-time on a super-ability (e.g. Akarat’s Champion, Wrath of the Berserker, Vengeance)
1 Like

Yes, I know about the stone gauntlet debuff. At 3 stacks it wouldn’t prevent me from attacking. My attack speed at the 5 stacks with Rolands is like 4-5 a second so even at -60% I’d still be at like 1.5-2 attacks a second. My shield glare happens at 4 seconds in, I start clicking on the mob at 6 seconds into the video and my attack doesn’t go off until 9 seconds in.

Here’s another recording where I’m at 5 stacks of rolands and the stone gauntlet debuff so I pop Wrath to ignore the debuff. I can immediately start moving again at 2 seconds in but again I can’t attack until 6 seconds into the video.

Once you have stacks, initiating your super-ability does not cancel the negative effects of existing stacks, it just prevents you from being affected by new stacks (and thus your existing stacks will fall off eventually). This is why you’re supposed to maintain 100% up-time on Champion so that you do not get stacks in the first place.

2 Likes

Once you have stacks, initiating your super-ability does not cancel the negative effects of existing stacks

But it does negate the effects. If it didn’t I wouldn’t have been able to move. Also that was just a clip showing me unable to attack again like the first clip. Here’s me using Wrath with 5 stacks of rolands and stone gauntlet and it works fine.

also having this issue, not making sense.

I’ve also had it start happening WHILE AKKARAT’S CHAMPION was active.