Crusader Changes Please, just an idea. S28

Change Aegis of Valor set by switching heavens fury and fist of heavens around in the 2 set bonus. Increase the damage of the now stacking fists of heavens from 125% to something like 200% or higher in the 2-set bonus. You could maybe add more stacks instead.
This would make it so you can clear trash with fists of heavens (which is now your main damage source) and when fighting stronger foes such as an elite or rift guardian to utilize heavens fury for damage stacks. Not only would this make the build more fluid, but more fun to play. It wouldn’t be risky to add some damage to it either. I’m suggesting this hoping someone from bliz will see it and consider it.

Reference to current set:
(2) Set:
Attacking with Fists of the Heavens empowers you, allowing Heaven’s Fury to deal 125% increased damage for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times.
(4) Set:
Hitting with Fist of the Heavens returns 5 Wrath and reduces damage taken by 1% for 10 seconds. Stacks up to 50 times.
(6) Set:
Increase the damage of Fist of the Heavens and Heaven’s Fury by 20,000%.

6 Likes

So many buff vectors for FotH

• Khassett’s Cord
  • AoV2 pc
  • Unused Shields like Eberli Charo

I do have concerns about trying to merge both skills into one meta build. If you play HF, you’ll want defense from your cube slot. You’ll also want Furnace, Ivory Tower or Norvald.

It’s atypical to squeeze in Darklight and Khassett’s, into a Heaven’s Fury build because it is limiting.

The same could be said about squeezing the Heaven’s Fury skill into a pure FotH build, it makes an already slow hitting, borderline clunky build brutal. We already activate the horse in the middle of melee.

Instead of forcing HF on the skill bar, simply add FotH as a skill buffed by the 2pc. So casting FotH buffs both skills.

6 Likes

FoTH needs more extreme buffs to damage to be on the scale of reasonable GR pushing compared to Heaven’s Fury or S/A tier builds from other classes.

• incorporate the S27 power baseline
  • buff darklight to 2000%
  • buff khaset belt to 500%
  • buff valor 4p defensive bonus to 70 or 80%, a simple 50% bonus is antiquated relative to tankier sets like firebird or arachyr, the valor set is absurdly squishy if you get a gap in your defensive cooldowns

FoTH should be enjoyable and viable for pushing on the valor set without requiring the use of heaven’s fury at all

6 Likes

Agreed, maybe as mentioned by dmkt you can just remove heavens fury completely. A full FoTH build would feel much better and would make a good buff/switch-up. Crusaders have it bad right now and I don’t want to play a slow heavens fury build another time.

1 Like

I appreciate your ideas for trying improving the AoV build. There is a current topic in the crusader section of the forums which is trying to consolidate these ideas. With that being said, ANY feedback is welcome and valued.

Shield of Fury - Each time an enemy takes damage from Heaven’s Fury or Fist of the Heavens, it increases the damage they take from Heaven’s Fury and Fist of the Heavens by 30% - 40%, stacking up to 10 times.

4 Likes

Hello Ratez, I made sure to stop in and read those. It seems when it comes to the Valor set many people are on a similar page in buffing the FotH part to bring it up there with other builds. Good to see other people care enough to post about this as it seems crusaders need to be heard!

3 Likes

Thank you Avaxon. The more support we receive from the player base, the more hopefully I become. You are greatly appreciated. AoV is the easiest fix for Saders and it does have many supporters. Although, I do hope in the future, more builds/sets will be address.

2 Likes

That is solid as well.

1 Like