Crown of the primus

why does the CotP slow time not apply the damage reduction 75% of the 4p DMO?

It is for me. Unless there’s certain conditions where it stops working or something, but I tried a couple of the common ones like changing zones and potioning and I still had the DMO 4p DR with just the bubble from Primus active.

No bubble, 128m toughness:

Bubble from Primus, 513m toughness (513=128.4*4, 75% DR is active):

1 Like

so the damage reduction icon does not appear but the damage reduction is correctly active?

2 Likes

Huh. Yeah, you’re right. No icon but the damage reduction is active. Didn’t notice that! Strange.

I’m going to hazard a guess and say the icon only triggers when the set autocasts a time bubble. Since CotP isn’t part of the set (you can wear it on LoD or other sets) it probably would cause a problem if it tried to always trigger the icon.

1 Like

interesting idea, keep an icon always active when the game reads dmo + primus? I don’t think it’s complex. I would also like to point out that the wording of the teleportation is also unclear. we should have free tp in primus, but it doesn’t

I think the wording is very clear about that. It states the bubble must be either cast by you (as in you have to push a button) or it has to be the autocasted one from the set. Nothing else. Period.

Not saying that’s good, though. It’s actually annoying and bad. It should work with Primus. No. Matter. What.

The problem is that Crown of the Primus is a little inconsistent in terms of how it’s acting. The item requires you have Slow Time in your bar to work. But it’s bubble still does not count as your bubble in all aspects. It should be either one way or the other. If you need Slow Time in your bar, it should fully count as your bubble in all cases. Reason being that you can modify the Slow Time bubble by using the “Point of no Return” rune and the perma bubble will react to that. Otherwise, if the bubble doesn’t fully count as yours in all cases, then the item should not require you to even have the skill. Same as DMS does not require you to have Diamond Skin on your bar to cast it.

But they still fear unlocking Teleport.

2 Likes

And with good reason. Have you tried the perma-teleport variant of Tal’s? You basically left-click to port (with a Shock Wave that triggers a Meteor) and just blink endlessly around the screen dropping meteors everywhere. It can’t push (because you need to equip Aether Wand instead of Grand Vizier or Molten Core so the damage is nerfed) but it’s an insane build for speed farming.

And just to be clear, Crown of the Primus working with DMO 2p would actually be faster than this, because it instantly removes the cooldown instead of needing a split second to remove the 0.5 second cooldown from Aether Walker after you proc a Tal’s meteor.

It might not sound like a big difference, but Crown of the Primus working with DMO 2p would make wizards teleport more like a Raiment monk.

1 Like

Would that be so bad?

My bias is a teleport more akin to how the monk dash works.

But the question remains would it break the game?

No. Since, well… you need a legendary, a (2) piece set bonus (= no LoD/LoN) and you have to place Slow Time on your bar. That’s some serious hurdle to unlock a skill. It’ll restrict the use so that in most scenarios you won’t have the leeway to implement it in a build without sacrificing something else. It could have worked with Tal Rasha to some degree but since we now have Mempo that’s pretty much toast unless you use a RoRG to cut down on the set requirements. But that has demerits as well.

Allowing CotP to reset Teleport cooldown would turn DMO into the fastest wizard set ever. For a set that revolves around “Slow Time”, that would be a pretty fun(ny) joke in itself.

But they seem to like Don Vu mechanics instead of simple and elegant synergies.

3 Likes

HEY. That’s my line!

1 Like