Crashing when attempting to load Diablo 3 via Battle.net

I am getting an error code of 46177C84-5FDD-43F9-B52B-DFDD16B1EE2B after clicking the blue “Play” button on battle.net. Any ideas on how to resolve? I tried to repair the installation and restart my computer and my video card drives are up to date.

Hey there,

After looking over the crash logs via the code you provided, I have a few ideas you can try that may help.

1. Disable the Geforce Experience overlay if you have that turned on currently.
  2. Try resetting the game settings through the Battle.net app. This will force the game to re-detect the graphics settings.
  3. There could be another application or service conflicting with Diablo III and causing the crash, try rebooting using Selective Startup and see if that helps prevent the crash.
  1. Press Windows Key+R .
  2. Type msconfig and press Enter .
  3. Select Selective startup and uncheck Load startup items .
  4. Select the Services tab.
  5. Check Hide all Microsoft services .
    Note : Skipping this step may prevent your computer from rebooting correctly.
  6. Click Disable all .
  7. Click Apply then click OK .
  8. Click Restart

Thank you very much!

I’ve tried all of these suggestions and I’m still unable to play D III , a game I purchased over ten years ago and kept it updated the last update has shut me out with errors at start up.

1 Like

Same issue here. Haven’t been able to play for a month now. Spent hours researching and trying every fix possible. starcraft II still loads fine.

no error codes when running normally but I get these when attempting 32bit mode. seems to be different every time :S
“23316F40-8AD9-45DA-941B-CF9E18672EA5”
“7F9B8D90-ED32-4B6D-992A-B78B27D29AD2”
“CDE6CB23-E42A-4441-990B-7FC5963EF172”

Hi,

Each of these « codes » is the number for your crash in the Blizzard Support Data System… that system contains additional data on your crash and can sometimes be used by Blizzard Support to diagnose the issue. The codes as such do not mean anything particular, they’re only numbers. Each crash is logged separately from your other crashes… so the number will vary from one crash to the next.

If you want help from the community, you need to provide more information. A good first step is to give details of your system by posting a DxDiag report. To improve the readability of this topic, post the DxDiag report between 2 lines of 4 tildes (~) as in:

~~~~
Post your DxDiag report here.
~~~~

Also… why are you running Diablo III in 32-bit mode ?

1 Like

no error codes when running normally but I get these when attempting 32bit mode

Because i was attempting anything and everything to get the game working