Crash to desktop

Hi everyone

Today I wanted to start the new season. Last time I played was about 3 months ago and everything was fine. But after the latest patch as soon as I hit start or join in the menus the game instantly crashes to desktop. No error message, no crash report, nothing. The task manager and the game client indicates that the game is still running, but it’s not.
I tried to restart the computer, reset game settings, deleting program data, reinstalling the game and the client, launching the 32-bit client, and I checked the drivers, directx, VCRedist, and MicrosoftNetFramework, but nothing worked.
In rare occasions the game loads and I can see the town for about 2 seconds and it’s terribly lagging and then it crashes again.

Any idea?

1 Like

mine crashes as well as soon as the connection/login screen appears. those crashes did not even went back to desktop but went to “improper” shutdown

Hey, keronflex! Just wanted to check and make sure this behavior isn’t caused by Razer. If you could try the steps on this post:

If it continues, could you provide a DxDiag file? Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
DxDiag Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

@shantimomo, this sounds a bit different from OP’s issue. If the system is fully shutting down when Diablo III is launched, there is going to be some major concerns with either driver corruption or with hardware issues. Diablo III alone cannot cause the system to shut down, but rather something on the system and Diablo III interacting with it caused a faulty driver or hardware to improperly work that resulted in the shutdown. Here’s our support article on unexpected shutdowns with a few suggestions that can help troubleshoot this. You’ll want to have a local technician take a look at the system for any errors to pinpoint the issue.