Could Strafe: Icy Trail be used in s23 GoD build?

The standard rune used with Strafe is Drifting Shadow. However there’s the Icy Trail rune which can easily proc Cull the Weak and Bane of the Trapped.

I know Bane of the Trapped procs itself however the radius isn’t big and in season 23 especially you might not want to be as close to the enemies as before in order to protect Squirt’s necklace effect.

So, Icy Trail pretty much guarantees you near 100% uptime on Cull the Weak and Bane of the Trapped and it seems like it would be a decent boost to the overall damage of the build.

This leads me to 2 questions :

1. why was Drifting Shadow used over Icy Trail before s23?

2. do you think the Icy Trail rune could become a viable option (meaning as good or perhaps better than Drifting Shadow) for Strafe?

Only for enemies inside the little, and I mean LITTLE, puddle that evaporates in 3 seconds.

The movement speed. Also, Rocket Storm is often used for occasionally allowing an extra projectile from GoD 4-set bonus to proc.

It’s fine as a rune, but it’s not that special.

1 Like

It’s a nice variation to give you some form of CC. Though after testing for a bit, Drifting Shadow is a much better tradeoff since GRs are time sensitive and the faster you can move, the quicker you’ll find packs to eradicate.

Most of your damage multipliers come from non-CC sources anyway (e.g. Hunter’s Wrath, Depth Diggers, F&R)