Corrupt Vessel/Tormented Thrall crashing game

I’ve been playing Diablo 3 for a while now, and recently got my friend into it. His game runs fine, no crashing, lag, or need to bring down quality, EXCEPT when encountering Corrupt Vessels. For whatever reason, no matter where on the map we encounter them, solo or multiplayer, the act of the vessel turning into the Thrall immediately crashes his game and closes it. Error code seems to be different each time, and scanning/repairing and reinstalling it doesn’t work, so I was wondering if I could get some help in solving this issue.

Hello:

There is some troubleshooting your friend can try here:

You probably mean the 32-hexadecimal digit code… that’s the crash ID, not an error code. The ID allows Blizzard to find your friend’s crash in their support database. Each crash is unique, so it gets a different code each time. The ID has no meaning by itself – it’s only a number to find your friend’s crash in the Support database.

It’s better if your friend posts here himself… or contacts Blizzard Support directly; if he decides to contact Blizzard Support, he can use the following link for the ticket: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/279/ticket.

Either way, he should provide the crash ID so Blizzard can have a look at his crash data. If he posts on the forum, it may be useful to also include a copy of the DxDiag file encased between 2 lines of 4 tildes… like so:

~~~~
Paste the entire DxDiag file here.
~~~~

That file, and another one called MSInfo.txt, are required when submitting a ticket; when posting on the forum, however, your friend should post the MSInfo file only if requested.

If the file is too big (more than 90K or so), you friend can use a textfile hosting website such as pastebin.com and provide a link to his file in his post.

2 Likes