Corpses and Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac

Here’s what I don’t understand. I’m not sure if it’s a bug or just your typical developer oversight, but Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac doesn’t proc like it should with corpses. Corpses are a legitimate and viable resource for necromancers, but when you blow up a corpse with Corpse Explosion or Corpse Lance which in fact CONSUMES that resource, it doesn’t proc with the ring’s ability. Does anybody else find that strange or unfair? Who else thinks that they should fix that in an update?

Demon Hunters have two resources, and can keep Vengeance up almost permanently, as well as Barbarians being able to keep up Wrath of the Berserker using a whirlwind build and their resource to reduce the cooldown. Consuming corpses as a necromancer is still using a resource and it’s only fair that doing so should proc Zodiac’s ability. Why doesn’t it?

Pretty sure that a DH spending discipline will not proc Zodiac. I’d personally prefer that Zodiac procced off hitting a target, not just damaging a target, that way a Necro can use a curse to proc Zodiac, not just a damage dealing skill.

1 Like

Only hatred of dh proc zodiac. Corpse is not the primary resource for necro, essence is. Therefore its intended not to proc zodiac, same as discipline.

You cant compare ww as fury is primary resource for barb.

I will say, as a content creator, this is one of the bigger points of confusion for viewers. Corpses not counting as a resource and Scythe of the Cycle only buffing “secondary” skills.

I recently read an article about how games teach players to play, as they play and how even games like Super Mario, have inherent tribal knowledge(the ability to sprint is never instructed to the player). This would be along those lines. A player would never really know that a corpse isn’t a resource unless they actively test it themselves or hear from other players in the community. I’ve often heard, “Well why doesn’t it count as a resource?”… to which I can only answer… “it just doesn’t”

Blizzard could definitely make mechanics like these less confusing for the average player.

Or u could cube Krisbins