Controller support can we make it better?

Poe vs d2r controls

Hello I was thinking about the differences between path of exile and diablo 2 resurrected and just wanted to list somethings down for those who may not know or those who just don’t want to play path of exile. I make this cause I love diablo 2 and would just like the experience to be more enjoyable to others and maybe just fix a few odd things, this is definitely not a complete list.(I haven’t tried magic so no idea when I will be able to get to that and be able to compare it to diablo 2.) So this might change a lot as I find more and or will just keep growing but for now here is what I have now. Please forgive the writing and hope everyone can understand. If you have anything to add or like corrected I shall make the change. This is not a contest just a list that hopefully we can send in for feedback maybe…(wishful thinking maybe but it doesn’t hurt to try.)

1.You can use the right stick to sort what item you want to pick up instead of moving to it.

2.Poe controller targets the closest person to you but it will stay on that monster until you kill it or you move the left stick to another closer monster and change your target that way

3.Diablo 2 r controller seems to just only target the Closest monster it won’t stay causing you target another closer moving monster

4.Poe has a really nice way you are able to bind skills you can essentially bind 12 attacks per weapon set so you get 24 all in d2r you get 12 but if you change the weapon it might have the same skill binds so you might have to rebind everything.

It already works like that. In fact, I think they need to go further and have auto-sort populate the belt with potions from inventory as well as let us define potion types for each belt slot so it knows what potion types go into which slots when you sort.

In D2, this is likely not to matter that much. AoE is so prevalent in PvE builds that this is really only a problem in at the beginning of Normal difficulty and then never becomes a problem ever again. Monster targeting really doesn’t need to be precise in D2.

You can bind skills already, and you can use the triggers to bind additional skills.

Did you play path of exile or the diablo 2 beta on consoles? And for how long? I don’t think your understanding the small problems.

1 right stick in diablo 2r does nothing but the emote wheel you can’t pick what you want to pick up you will always pick up what was in the middle of the pile especially if you a melee character thats found an enemy camp.

In path of exile I can actually pick what item I want before I pick it up, I don’t have to try and stand on each item

The devs just put a post out saying “Eventually, we added the ability for players to pace themselves slowly over loot and stop in the middle of various items on the ground so they could loot the item of their choice, making the looting experience undeniably more open and less hindered.” This doesn’t work for melee characters cause you would have to be aware when enemies are going to stop hurting you.

It doesn’t matter what is effective over what. It doesn’t matter if my cursor keeps freaking out attacking the closest monster that moved and is now further away. Your target cursor just gets to jumpy this will be more of a problem for necromancer and corpses spells get involved. They already said that it will target the closest corpse this will be a problem.

And on my last point it seems like you didn’t even read it really.

So to be clear In d2r yes you can bind the triggers. You can have a total of 12 moves with 1 weapons essentially.

In path of exile you can use the 12 moves yes but you can use an additional 12 and not sacrifice something.

In d2r you can do this to but it will mess with your skills like if you are a necromancer you will lose your skeletons if you have a weapon that had points into them so have the accidental possibility of turning one if your skills off.