Constant low FPS

I’m at a loss here and can’t find anything that helps. I’m constantly at 11-12 fps, with no improvement, regardless of the settings I change.
I’ve gone through everything provided by that video here with no effect:

Ingame Settings are all mid-low, the settings outside of the game are as suggestest in the video. RAM usage is ~30%, CPU usage is even lower. I’ve read about problems with gpu, however I’ve failed to see any mentions of fps dropdown because of it.

https://ibb.co/8g48wRS

This PC is new, just setup yesterday. The graphic card is up to date, see the pic for details.

https://ibb.co/jyDjcKY

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor 3.89 GHz

Any idea what could cause that massive slow FPS?

1030GT is mainly “multimedia” GPU and not built to have any decent performance in games. GTX-series is built for that

I’m not looking for a super high performance, I don’t need a billion fps or something. But at least the performance of the original of 25 should be possible here?
I can’t really imagine that my legacy old card from more than 10 years ago was better in any way for games than this one. At least from the perspective of Diablo 3 I can say that one runs much better now and without any issues.

The problem that I am seeing is that your VGA is below the minimum recommended to play this game.

The minimum VGA is the GTX 660 and has a higher performance than the GT1030

I am playing with a 1050ti.
It is above the minimum but below the recommended (1060, which has almost double the performance)

I have no idea of the performance of those things tbh. But if above the min and min video settings still performs this poorly the min setting should be next to unplayable and should definitly be raised… at least it is not fun that way.
I found 1 point in the video settings that I haven’t set to min (as I thought) but I still can’t reach more than 17 in the overworld, sometimes 20 in small dungeons like the countess tower. But now it’s definitly at min everything.

Even if it is not the optimal gaming graphic card, it isn’t worth to upgrade that. All the other games I’m playing that card outperforms and doesn’t need anything in addition, thus I’ll skip that unimportant update here. The original LoD is still fine.

1 Like

I can’t post links here, but if you enter “GT 1030 [some other GPU] compare” into your favourite search engine, it should give you a linke to the UserBenchmark site with those two GPUs selected.

For reference, my GTX 1070 Ti is supposedly 564% faster than your GT 1030 according to that site. Standing around in town at Windowed FHD with the Low preset and VSync off, I get 140 fps. (At native QHD with the High preset 63 fps.) So clealy playable, but those numbers should be far higher on this card for the visuals the game is presenting me with.

Reading across the threads the impression seems to be that the current game is both incredibly unoptimised on all hardware, but especially on integrated graphics solutions, and incredibly power-hungry, especially in relation to the actual output.

Sounds and appears that the game doesn’t perform well on x30 series cards.

Many games might play on those cards, but you aren’t going to get any decent performance out of them. Frankly I’m surprised you get that many frames out of D2R, as its a power hungry game at the moment. Hopefully they will address this somehow.