#ConsolePlayersMatter

Then I have one question for you: If you do become so disenfranchised with Blizzard that it ends you up quitting their products for good…who will protect the legit players?

We don’t agree on everything, but I think what you’re doing here is a very positive thing. Lots of players cheat, but some of us want to actually be able to enjoy the game honestly. That becomes harder with illegitimate scores. Somebody has to be the one to draw a line.

If I’m no longer part of the community, why continue to care?

Thank you. homerjnick is the real force here though. He’s worked tirelessly hard to show the cheaters in action. I have supported him as best as I can, as often as I can.

I believe in fair and equal playing grounds for all players. The people with modded gear know they are cheating. The people using save wizard know that they are cheating. They are deliberately flaunting the rules because they know Blizzard is inactive in policing the PS4 LBs.

The problem with dealing with save wizard is proving that they have either reverse engineered the game’s code via cracking it, or if they did a clean room process. If the former, then they have violated the DMCA, enforceable in many countries. Do Sony and Blizzard want to waste millions of dollars in legal battles for a win that will see them not get any money back…it’s great for the players, but a bad investment in $$$$…that is why we aren’t seeing any action.

1 Like

So we have a new CM I wonder if he’ll pop his head in here and update us since PeZ be slacking.

@thehooley ?

Not sure if you can tag people

1 Like

lol and pigs fly upside down and backwards on Sundays 31st February every day of the year.

1 Like

New CM? There is Pez and Rich but there is now a 3rd?

Yeah, as per the announcement thread…

2 Likes

Doesn’t mean jack to us, as far as I’m concerned anyone who works for blizzard that should be maintaining some sort of customer service doesn’t know what the $&@$ that even means or how to even respond to their base whether it be pc (which they respond to even if their answers are bland and $&$$) and then you got us, were treated like MAGA fans in Hollywood by blizzard. I wish their mother taught them anything because it’s clear their all a bunch of godless heathens that don’t believe in anything but themselves.

Lol

1 Like

Hi everyone. Any update on console players getting access to the other parts of the forum?

I’m one of the Barb mains and I can work on importing Barbarian build guides here if that would help. Let me know.

3 Likes

Do you enjoy life? Don’t hold your breath lol!!!

3 Likes

this… this is why capitalism doesn’t actually lead to the best products. because often, enough of the market is willing to tolerate a shtty product that making it better costs more than it’s worth. it’s they Riot doesn’t take a more proactive stance against toxicity. it’s why Blizzard (or probably Sony in this case) doesn’t do more about cheating. fixing those things can negatively impact their bottom line which is profit not quality product.

1 Like

This has been my experience on other platforms too. Banwaves for example that would take out some accounts of a mutli-boxing botter but leave other accounts in the group active so they didnt quit… just restart and PL… cost of doing business and profit for the producer… then they con the crowds with how they took out such and such a number of bot accounts.

Not sure if anyone’s getting it right unfortunately.

I wonder sometimes about introducing the automation features botters use into the game if it would level the playing field and make it not worth cheating. The platform would need to be designed in such a way to make it work. Then everyone can set their chars up to be busy when they’re not having fun playing. Automated content generally doesn’t work well with harder stuff that relies on intelligence, so you play to do that and they can build the more substantial rewards into that feature.

Would be interesting to see it thought through more. I think they’d have to be prepared to adapt the game design as botters adapt in the initial stages, but I reckon the player base teamed up with the devs could outwit them with the tools and weight of numbers at their disposal.

2 Likes

That almost sounds like say you could unlock a skill at a certain paragon that your character would do x amount of bounties per hr while your offline. You won’t get the experience but the cache.

1 Like

I hadn’t considered how to apply it in D3 or how well it would apply in D3’s current design… possibly cause I’m virtually playing it as a single player offline game. I have thought it through more in other games where the bots were visible in open shared environments. They had a PvP focus too which made the PvE side a bit of a chore sometimes.

But that’s the general idea… the stuff that’s so mundane, unskilled and repetetive that we can do while watching TV for example could be automated (as botters do), but not pushing rifts to the limits where there is skill and challenge.

I can say from D3 perspective I’d really like it if I could instruct my avatar to make a quantity of crafted items from maquise gems for me to salvage later though… say base it on the gems in my avatar inventory (not store). Use the time for better game/life balance… save game time for doing fun things.

I don’t think they’re going to budge on the subject of automation.

Back to the OP’s topic…I do think we do deserve access to at least some of the other forums. There’s been plenty of times I’d just like to ask a General Question or one in specific Character Topics…I feel sometimes we’re treated and looked upon as the Black Sheep of Diablo where we all have spent $$$ and countless time with the game like everyone else…

1 Like

I wouldn’t either, but they’re welcome to pickup the idea if they want. Just a reflection on what a creative game designer could bring to the problem that they’re all failing with at the moment.

Agreed. Like starting a topic in console about a specific Wiz build and 2.6.10 item changes is quite in the wrong place and doesnt get the attention of most who would be interested in the topic. Probably proving to be a complete waste of time to try to engage.

It’s very disappointing the partners haven’t made the effort to work with them to integrate the license validation component of the forums. It’s not like they struggle for resources.

That’s nice you don’t care about where you end up. Most people playing do and push their limits. You are in the rather rare spectrum of players. I imagine you play a lot of solo which wouldn’t be surprising. Not sure what exactly you do if not to push your highest clear. /Shrug

2 Likes

And still no official statement here. Is there any official statement via Twitter, Facebook or similar social medias?

1 Like

None…it is disrespectful and flies in the face of the only blue post in here.

2 Likes