Console skills do not always list elemental damage type

On the PC every skill lists its elemental damage type in the header right underneath the name of the skill. The skills also have a unique background in the advanced tooltip popup that demonstrates the damage type.

Consoles have none of this. Some skills do specifically state “does XXX% weapon damage as [element type]” in them or have an extra sentence “this skill turns the damage type into [element]”, but a lot of skills do not have such text in the description.

I’ve read a number of discussions on this on the net and there is a standard assumption that if it wasn’t stated then it must be Physical, but some skills that do not do Physical damage have no indication at all of their damage type on Console so this is a mistaken assumption. Others are assuming that the skill just uses the weapon damage type instead, but that is also not true.

In short, the skill does force a damage type and you need to know this to properly equip your character, but the Console UI does not provide this necessary information.

Please explicitly display the damage type for all skills in the Console Skill selection UI as is done on PC.

1 Like

Hi, check the color )))

Are you responding based on experience on the console? Because the UI on console is entirely redesigned from the ground up compared to the UI on the PC (I play on both). The two bear no relation to each other.

We already had this discussion in the general form when I brought this up in a thread about weapon vs skill type. A few PC users kept chiming in with great ways to figure out the skill damage type that only applied to the PC and doubted me until I posted a screen shot of just how different (and information sparse) the UI is on the Console. You can read the back and forth on this thread:

try to enable advanced tooltips

Thank you for taking an interest, but that setting doesn’t help on console (and just to be thorough I did double check). The console UI is completely different from PC and solutions that work on PC don’t necessarily have an impact on the console UI.