Console s22 ptr question

I read in the notes that ptr is only for pc and mac users… does this mean oct 1(today) there wont be an update and the legenday item changes wont happen for us? If not, does that mean we dont get to test any of the changes anf make reviews during the 2 week ptr? Again, if not, how are we supposed to deal with all the issues associated with console when the console players needs are NEVER tended to? In 2014 this game released with a multitude of issues for console… so many of which have been pointed out and weve begged for the changes again and again… i mean fr. Many of these things are minor in yalls eyes, but they make a large difference for us console users… 1 prime example that bugs the hell out of me is the fact that my right joy stick makes my character roll… absolutely useless. It could be a floating curser instead… with a click prompt using right stick click(R2). . . Or something of the sort, yall have super smart employees who can easily generate something much more useful for us console players… shoot im still waiting, 6 years later, for a single dps dummy for quick testing of minor eq changes… please? Or release free dlc mods that allow for more and better control for console. Maybe? Probably not?

PTR is for PC/Mac only. Major changes will also reach console, when new patch is released, normally 1 week before new season goes live. When PTR ends isn’t already clear.

Bugfixes for consoles are mostly done behind the scenes, or mostly not even touched.

Character roll is not useless. For example if you play as necro, the roll mechanic is used to knock down wooden doors when using certain builds

1 Like

The right stick already has a click function. It highlights your character with a beam of light that matches your player number/color. Of course only people playing on your screen can see it. When playing in group over the internet, it’d be nice to be able to activate that and everyone be able to see it. I believe that function was. Implement for couch co-op, when your character may not be in the middle of the screen. It’d be nice if they changed it to a function similar to pc players being able to drop a flag or player waypoint.

Wooden doors end game boss confirmed. :joy:

2 Likes

PTR on PC is not a patch for D3, it is a separate environment to test changes. Once the patch has been certified it is released on PC and console at the same time.

Blizzard do not have the resource to do PTR on console as well. You can do it as they had a dev build at Blizzcon on PS4 of a new patch but in general they do not release a PTR on console.

1 Like

As Homer mentioned, PTR stands for Public Testing Realm. Meaning its on a separate server for testing bugs and such. EVE Online, does something like that as well. They have Tranquility which is the main server, then they have one called Singularity, which they allow players access full time, to test different things out.

1 Like

I’ve been on PTR a fair bit, been on Monk but away to test Wizard…awaiting next week when they turn on Seasonal theme.

The Gold Pickup Radius paragon change is pretty sweet.

2 Likes

Bonespear is pretty fun. Doing a lot better. Bombardment is getting nerfed. of course. Lol they will clear 150 this weekend at like 1300p in 4 man.

@homerjnick
When they turn on season theme, lemme know if shenlong setup still bugs with TR.

Have you all seen the complaints from pc players about twister wiz not being strong enough? lol

1 Like

Yeah I’ve got the Wizard going today so will test. The TR stacks are still buggy let alone the Shenlong buff on PC thus it really needs fixed.

Thank yall for responding, i appreciate all of your words.
I still do fully disagree with the roll function and the beam function… idc to have either of those functions… both are relatively useless and do not play key rolls. these two buttons should be changeable to other functions as options. Im not gonns stop mid battle or channeling to roll in order to break a door… im going to destroy it with a skill likely regardless… and as for the beam indicator… pretty useless… you have a color circle around your character alrdy… no need to waste one of our very few buttons on an indicator… i promise you that a well designed curser would supply better functions. Just sayin… i reckon other people might disagree… again, thank you ALL for responding.

PTR bug fixes

• Reduced the tick rate of Energy Twister by half and doubled its damage. (currently looking into improving this)

:joy:

Rrducing the tick rate in half while doubling the damage just breaks even for damage but presents another issue; slower tick rate mrans less hits, less hits means less crits means less arcane power on crit. Twisters essentially will be twice as hard to continuously cast.