Conquest Avarice

I have accumulated a full load of horadric chests (bounty rewards from t16 bounties). Do I open them in town? or do I go somewhere else (excluding the vault).

I know not to have my pet or since playing a DH no ferret pets . I assume I stand in place and open each cache and then zoom around to pick up all the gold. Is this correct?

You have to dismiss your follower pet (the one from the mirror where you select your wings and such). You stand by your stash, fill your stash, open the caches, don’t move, get the rest of the caches, open them, then walk in any direction.

4 Likes

If I do the Horadric Cache method, I do it like this (after collecting the necessary number of Caches):

1. Go to New Tristram in Act I. (Or other town with lots of room around your Stash).
  2. Dismiss Follower. (So, they’re not in the way).
  3. Unequip Cosmetic Pet. (So, they don’t pick up Gold too early).
  4. Go to Stash and empty Inventory. (This will place you next to your Stash. Don’t move).
  5. Fill up Inventory with Cache.
  6. Close Stash and open Inventory.
  7. Right-click all Cache.
  8. Open Stash (without moving) and fill Inventory with Cache.
  9. Repeat this without moving.
  10. When you’ve opened all your Caches, equip your Cosmetic Pet.

When you equip your Cosmetic Pet and before you can close your Collections Window, you will have completed the Avarice/Avaritia Conquest.

~𝑃𝑒𝑟𝑢𝑠𝑜𝑒

3 Likes
1 Like

Funny thing happened to me. I got it on accident last week. After finishing T16 bounties a player had summoned us to a Bandit Shrine. When we were all there, he hit it, and we, Whirl-rend x 2, and GoD x 2, vaporized the poor little fellas almost instantly. My achievement popped up. I was kinda shocked. I was actually doing bounties for the avarice conquest.

I’ve accidentally gotten it from the Kill Adria bounty with Goldwrap, Avarice Band and Boon of the Hoarder.

1 Like

I’ve done the cache method (but back when T13 was the highest, so needed more caches) the same way Perusoe did, but I just moved to collect the gold instead of requipping pet. I’ve also done it in a the cow level with fully leveled boon. Adria is a popular option as well but the doors always made it annoying to me. Temple of the first born would probably work as well with all the little monsters.

I wonder if it’s possible to do it using the cursed peat chest and get both conquests at once?

If so, you’d need to do it solo and without pets because mobs that are killed by pets and/or other players do not drop gold for you. Might be interesting to try it on a UE/MS DH.

1 Like

I was thinking UE MS as well done you can just stand on the right side and blast the entire zone without moving.

I already got curses this season and rolled barb so I can’t test it. I’ll probably level a boon to 50 and do a cow level with Zodiac Rend to get Avarice as my third conquest if I bother to get that far this season.

I confirm that it can be done. UE, T10, stand still, killed 420+ mobs, 3 times (3 regions).

Someone said he did that before (in the old forum).

As I said, I had killed 420+ mobs in the event. i.e. ~120k gold per mob, which is possible.

2 Likes

@Maskraider, you got both, Avarice and Curses!, Conquests during the Cursed Peat Event?

Congratulations!  

No, I didn’t say I got both in curse event. I said someone did that before.
I got Avarice well before I tried Curse. So, I didn’t wear BotH when I did Curse. At that time my BotH was lv25. But I believe I could if I worn a lv50 BotH.

Oh. Okay. Sorry I misunderstood.