Compromise? Loot

This post quoted below makes me think that multiplayer D2R mods will be very difficult to implement and quite restricted.

It is a missed oppotunity in my opinion but i understand their secruity concerns.

Yep.
It continues to be a disgrace that D2R will, seemingly, be less moddable than D2. So much for a “faithful remaster”.

They could also just test it in a special test ladder or similar.

you will hardly find a purist that is against higher screen resolution or that isnt ok with the minor changes you listed.

WSG is the only big one out of them and im not convinced its gone for good until there is a official statement. alpha had it, beta not. we will see.

overall perfectly fine and in the limits they advertised. i cant complain. considering changeists like you pretty much got nothing of relevance so far i take that win any day and will gladly focus on delivering the necessary counter voice to keep further filth out of the game.

Screen resolution is not the same as screen dimensions.

Alot of no/few changes supporters are against supporting screen dimenssion that are wider than 16:9 ratio.

Plenty are also against removal of TCP/IP.

Plenty are against no WSG & ebug.

Plenty are against not fixing NHAM

Plenty are against ladder items/runewords directly dropping or being made in non-ladder.

The list goes on and on

oh im perfectly aware what the hottest topics are for most purists, afterall im in communities that are 90% purists.

WSG is a big one, yet no final information available.

screen resolution (which obviously includes dimension, please show me a 16:9 panel with a 3440x1440 resolution) some pvpers with 16:9s feel disadvantaged but most are pro

TCP/IP meh even in the core purist community very nieche topic, mostly relevant for modders

eBug is a rather small one and also no official statement out yet.

the Ladder one was dumb, ill wait and see if they go back on that but not gamebreaking to me, no effect on balance or actual gameplay.

overall as a more hardcore purist thats pretty ok. especially knowing what we managed to prevent so far super happy with what will be released. Knowing what changeists could have made out of this game and what we prevented so far makes launch day just that much sweeter.

i know you are trying hard, but going through the threads here, no other possible conclusion as a clear purist win with what we will get vs what was asked by the likes of you.

relax, its a remaster :wink:

It is more than that. It has two core principles. Keeping the authenticity of the original D2 experience and making the game more accessible. These two things can be accomplished through incorporating optional changes where one choice preserves the “authentic experience”.

and ill repeat: so far, big changes were prevented. what we will get includes pretty much none of the nonesense that was spammed in this forum the last weeks maybe besides the ladder items in non ladder.

you are free to cling to your hopes and dreams. and we are free to let blizzard know loud and clear that there is a significant part of the core community that doesnt want those hopes and dreams come true.

maybe its time to put the tinfoil hat down and try to enjoy the actual game.

maybe you dont hate it so much as you obviously think trying to change everything about it.

still pretty baffled how many people buy a remaster for a game they hate in so many aspects.

1 Like

I’m down for a compromise between d3 and d2 in d4 but D2r should be as close to D2 as possible.

3 Likes

Oh yes for sure!
You can argue that adding an option to the game to toggle it is the same thing as creating a mod for it. Although i am not really how multiplayer mods will work in that regard, since Blizzard can’t create a million servers for each combination of mods. I do assume however that the mods need to be server sided.
With peer to peer it can work actually however people with bad internet connections could really ruin the expirience for others. Espacially in a open multiplayer session where anyone can join.
After all i think the mod will be received more positively than the suggestion to change it in the base game. I like to use the example of the introduction of Diablo Immortal. It was a horrible decision to announce a mobile game in front of the community. It would have been less of a drama if they announced Diablo IV for PC and console and Diablo Immortal for mobile.

That’s the dumbest logic I’ve ever heard. There’s no such thing as floodgate. Small incremental changes have already been made btw.

2 Likes