Compromise? Loot

Ploot introduction will lead to tons of players complaining because they have too few drops in their instanced loot and this will also lead to an increase in the drop rates to satisfy their demands.

This would be reaaly bad for the game, so ploot must stay away from d2r.

6 Likes

“Relax, we are not doing it” - Rod Fergusson, Twitter.

5 Likes

you shouldnt drink if it transforms you into a D3 Player. Have some dignity

4 Likes

This right here. I think you nailed the reason why so many is against it.

5 Likes

Very true.
It truly is nothing but an imaginary fear of slippery slope.

1 Like

just a simple. You shall not pass! no ploot not even a smallest chance for it…door is closed and locked!

Given Blizzard record I believe “imaginary” doesnt belong in this sentence. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

the blizzard you are so afraid of doesn’t even exist any more

1 Like

Agreed. And yeah, tired of arguing the same points but it’s not that far of an ask once that door gets opened.

It’s starting to feel like a south park episode around here…

Change? Just a little change?

2 Likes

But they aren’t doing ploot.

This is like the Japanese foreign minister demanding a compromise on the deck of USS Missouri.

3 Likes

A simple compromise would be to implement the player command for the b . net as well instead of implementing ploot.

So if you want your own private loot, make a private game and increase the amount of players by issuing the players command.

1 Like

And then people ask me why i am so against of options

You keep quoting this. Ironically, you never say what “it” is. Was Rod referring to ordering a box of chicken or something else? You need to see the tweet in context to see what “it” is.

I think the reason that you neglect to give the tweet that this is in reference is because “it” refers in one case to splitting the playerbase and in the other case altering the loot experience relative to 20 years ago.

Neither of these are true if an optional loot system is added that is optional, at game creation that requires opt in… The players still has an unaltered FFA loot experience if they want that. Nothing about FFA loot is being altered. Since this is optional at game creation, the playerbase is not being split into separate realms.

I will show all 4 of his tweets and their responses so others can read for themselves. The idea that Ros mis-spoke twice in 24 hours that adding an optional loot system after launch potentially makes no sense to me.

is your tinfoil hat out again?

relax m8, its a remaster not a remake.

thanks!

I see that you have no counter argument to what Rod actually stated in his tweets and to what “it” meant in his tweets.

An optional loot system in D2R may never come as Rod stated and definitely will not be here at D2R launch (stated twice). I am glad that you apparently tacitly acknowledge that I am :100: correct on my interpretation

If you want to keep arguing semantics of what a remake versus remaster is, so be it. D2R already has 28 changes relative to D2/D2:LoDD. The nature of these changes including many game changes means that it would be more properly called a remake.

i dont need any further counter argument. Here is what i know:

1. i know i will get exactly the game i want on 23. september

2. i know that no dev would ever slam the door shut into the face of a potential customers suggestion on twitter. You are reaching if you think them not slamming doors shut means those things will come after launch.

3. i know that the voices against your wishlist will be just as loud and clear after launch as they are now and your camp of changeists will shrink week by week compared to the long time core players that are mostly against change as your tourist friends will move on to the next fast food title.

4. you think a large majority wants changes. the truth is purists and changeists are both absolute minorities. the vast majority of players is not even aware of the discussions here. all they expect is a remaster because that is what was advertised.

place your bets. Im confident in the outcome.

5 Likes

That would be a much much bigger change than ploot.
I would like to see players x in Closed, for the added difficulty.
However the reduced no-drop would not be balanced.
Maybe a players x, with the effect on drop chances cut out?

1 Like

Yup. Even if you take Twitch, YouTube, Reddit, JSP, and here - it is still a tiny fraction of the overall player base that will be D2R.

This is why Blizzard doesn’t even read these threads, or the others like it. Streamers have direct access to Blizzard, too. This is a solid reality check for some of the forum crusaders here.

1 Like

It’s a pretty reasonable idea, appreciate the compromise. I don’t think its up to us here on the forum though.

Yes agreed. I think they need to mail out a survey after the refund window is closed but before the ladder begins with only the loot question on it then publish the result publicly right here. Sticky on the forum front page so everyone can see it and accept it. No matter which way it goes.

Not so sure about this though. I think they are keeping an eye on things and I doubt they will let some twitch streamers speak for everyone. Would you in their position?

The fact is your initial claim and that of many other is factually wrong when taking into account the context of Rod’s 4 tweets and what “it” actually referred to as you now acknowledge below. The fact is Rod may be laying the foundation for an optional addition later in D2R lifecycle. You may also be right. We do not know. Only time will tell.