Common (white) crafting

Is it just me or is it hard to get enough white crafting gear? Am i missing a better way to get white equipment to scrap to make or upgrade other items?

It seems like a hassle, I have a ton of legenaries and Rares but not enough blues or white.

Thanks

Yes you are. You need you collect mats are normal without thinking about your totals. When you need to even them out just buy white item from the vendor in
Act I. You can use the cube recipe to convert then to what you need. This takes death breath but this should no longer be an issue as they have buffed drop rates.

Act V, Battlefields of Eternity, click on all the Armour Racks, they drop grey / white items which salvage into 8-12 white materials each. So, an inventory full of whites from that map will easily get you 300 white materials.

5 Likes

Sounds like you are not clicking on the clickable items in a map. When you are in a Nephalem Rift, certain maps are chock full of clickables that drop white items.

Maps based on the Battlefields of Eternity, Halls of Agony, the jail cells, the woods, etc. will have tons of them. You just have to keep your eyes open for the clickable items.

2 Likes

Thank you, I guess i was just expecting them as drops like yellows. Sorry still knew to the game and learning the tricks.

Thank you all

2 Likes

This is great long term advice. It’s subject to the randomness of rift maps, but once you have it down, materials should not be a problem.

This is the best short term advice. It is not as fruitful as the Nephalem Rift version of this map. But it is garuanteed materials if you need them right away.

1 Like

There are TONS of white items in the threepart Leoric Dungeon in Act I.
Just click all armor- amd weaponstands. Problem solved.
As already mentioned the Battlefields in Act 5 carry lots of White gear too.

As above, the Battlefields of Eternity, Halls of Agony, etc. Click on all the armor racks and pick up the white/grays that drop. This is actually the fastest way to farm all 3 of the Crafting Mats (White, Blue and Yellow). There is a conversion recipe in the cube that can convert one type to another between the 3. Whites salvage into multiple while blues and yellows only salvage into 1 so its more efficient to pick up only whites to salvage and convert them as needed.

1 Like

I am more likely to pick up a white from a weapon rack before picking up a yellow from an enemy drop.

Items from vendors cannot be salvaged.

1 Like

Indeed, but vendor purchased items can be used in the Cube’s recipes to convert materials. So, if you have lots of blue / yellow materials, you can buy white items from town vendors and use those to convert the blue / yellow mats to white mats.

3 Likes

true enough…

The time it takes to click every armor rack in the rifts could be spent at the vendor and using dbs that you most likely have many to spare.I literally upgrade 1000s of gems and convert 100s of mats just to even my dbs with other mats in the time it would take me to run one rift.

That recipe requires you to have 100 of something else to convert. Picking up whites give you up to 15 of those somethings. A yellow gives you one. I’m using the cobe recipe to convert whites to yellows, typically.

The vendor in Act 1 never has common quality items for purchase. At least for me.

Remake game. He doesnt always have them. And look closely at all the tabs sometimes they blend in. And make sure your looking for whites at argus the collector. Only he has them.

Vendor items cannot be salvaged for Reusable parts.
There is no reason to purchase white or gray items,

1 Like

If you need white items to salvage, hit up The Battlefields of Eternity. Armor racks galore to loot.

you dont salvage them. you use you cube recipe to convert them to blues or yellows. Please read before responding. Or maybe actually go look at the cube recipes if you are not aware of what I am talking about.

The Cube recipe converts Reusable Parts, Arcane Dust, or Veiled Crystals, not items. The items must be salvaged for the mats first.